Larger throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger throttle body

How do u guys get the larger throttle bodies (i.e. from an lt1) on the 3.4l upper intake? I just dripped the car of for the cam install and im already going nutz with out the car so i need something to research (didnt find much about it) for mynext mod.

Any gains to be made from it, better throttle response? I know the intake s restrictive so lets not go down that road, please.
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Re: Larger throttle body

Although a few have been able to install an LT1 TB on a 3.4 I believe most Port/Polish the stock Throttle Bodies as there are a limited amount of after market in the TB department without a LOT of custom work.

Basically it comes down to unless you are using a Power Adder and the TB is your major restrictor the money and time is better spent somewhere else.

Comment

usp, i have a port and polished throttlebody, it really opens up the restrictive stock one.

i got it from someone who used to do it for members on this board.

actually i think you know of him, it's Zahn Funk, or Funkz.

he port and polished mine for around 80$ which is a great deal imo.

i've seen pics of guys mating the 3.4 plenum to the 5.7 throttle body but it looks like it would take some modification, plus then you've got the bottleneck in the plenum because its so damn small, so theoretically you might be BETTER just enlarging the stocker a little.

Comment

yea i know of funk, hell he probably hates looking at his pm box cause i prob filled it up ahaha.

U sellin it or just danglin it on a string just out of my reach cause u have one and i dont :)

how would i go about doing a P&P job on mine?
        1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
        Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by usp55 View Post
          yea i know of funk, hell he probably hates looking at his pm box cause i prob filled it up ahaha.

U sellin it or just danglin it on a string just out of my reach cause u have one and i dont :)

how would i go about doing a P&P job on mine?
          i've actually got a spare tb that i was gonna try to p&p when i had the time.

i'll sell it to you if you want to try and do it yourself. you can refer to funk's website for a step by step way to do it.

Comment

how easy are they to swap out? Id be interrested. i read his site about it and it dosnt seem too hard. I have the dremel and sandpaper. I think it would be a fun little mod to do. Im not going to be able to buy it from u for a littler bit though (cough)cam(cough) and going down the shore for the holiday weekend. PM me though and let me know what u want for it and ill send u my zip so u can get a rough estimate at shipping
            1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
            sigpic

Comment

just be careful. fbodies can act very funkie if the tb isn't correct
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                just be careful. fbodies can act very funkie if the tb isn't correct

care to explain? whatdo u mean by "isnt correct"?
                1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by usp55 View Post
                  care to explain? whatdo u mean by "isnt correct"?
                  kristen means if you port it TOO far it will cause eradic idle and the like.

just don't go too crazy on it.

3.8'ers have to be careful with their tb's cuz they have a MAF and need to be careful not to touch that but us 3.4 guys don't need to worry quite so much cuz we dont' have that.

Comment

cant you just remove the MAF and port away?

Comment

i have a 01 and it has a ported throttle body i am going to take the maf out and block it off finish porting the TB out by removing the MAF hump and run an LS1 MAF in line with my Intercooler piping.. hopefully it all goes well....
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4
                      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X