is this a good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a good buy?

does anybody else have this intake? is it good? sound, fuel milage up (how much), etc... thanks

RedBird

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=001

Re: is this a good buy?

never heard of them.....i would only spend money on known brand. just my .02
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Personally I'd suggest going with ChromeIntakes. It may be more money but a lot of people have them including myself and are happy with the quality.

Comment

Are the chromeintakes CAIs better than the SLP ones?

Comment

get name brand, you get what you pay for... as in k&n, slp, moroso, etc.

if you pay for ebay your gonna get ebay quality. ;)

Comment

I had one nearly identical that was on my 3.4L. It was definitely an improvement over stock. It has a nice throaty sound to it as well. I'm not sure about the 3.8s, but if I were to put that on a 3.4, I'd need to find a way to put the IAT sensor back in place on the side of the intake.
            Originally posted by LETZRIDE
            I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

I would just make one yourself and use a K&N filter, might be a little more $ but at least you know the air filter would be good. IAT's are easy to put in, just drill the hole and if there are any problems you can always use RTV to seal it up.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

are those zipties?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                  are those zipties?
                  ... Holy 5h!...

THEY ARE!

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                  I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

It is not that bad of a design, I would use zipties myself to keep it in place, also not to loose a filter. I just don't like there cheap air filters they use, if that was going under the fender well and had a K&N filter on it, it would be worth it. Mine is 3.5" flex hose with a 4" K&N filter going down into the fender well. Works great, I use rubber tie downs to keep the air filter in place in the fender well(also will keep it there if it came loose while driving) I don't want to loose a $45 K&N air filter because I hit a bump in the road to hard. So mine is a 4" to 3.5" 90 degree elbow at the TB(with the IAT sensor and nitrous nozzel in there) with about 2 feet of 3.5" flex hose going to a plastic pipe(from Home Depot) that is 3.5" to 4" for the K&N filter. I like it because there is no metal to heat up(to keep IAT temps down) here in AZ. So if it were me, I would just make my own.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have practically the same one in my 97 Camaro. The only difference is that mine has a K&N cone filter on the end of it. I bought it off the ChromeIntakes ebay website. It makes a cool whistle sound, made my exhaust a little louder sounding, and thats really about it. Possibly mildly improved throttle response. Theres no way I was going to spend 300 bucks on the SLP intake.

Comment

^^ wise man. I made the mistake of buying the SLP one, spent I think $220 for it, then sold it a bit later for like $100. My setup now flows better since it is 3.5" , then 4" into the TB. I think with the K&N(4" inlet, 9" long, 90 degree silicon elbow, and flex hose I spent alittle over $100.

Comment

go with chrome intakes
                          same price and it looks way better.
                          it has a great sound too, only bad part is it comes with a APC filter

Comment

i made my cold air intake for 7 dollars. 3 in. PVC pipe, K&N cone filter and 3 in 90* bend going into the TB, also adapted a hole in the system for the IAT sensor. worked well for quite some time. changing everything again though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X