homemade cai gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade cai gone wrong

okay so i have a 94 camaro 3.4 the intake pipe kept coming off the the airbox... so i went too pep boys and bought some flex house to make my own cai... so i kept the stock 90 degree elbow that the iac plugs into and the vaccum line plugs into... i used the flex hose to go into the wheel well where like a k and n fipk goes... used a cone filter also.. now i am getting a check engine light that i didnt have.. i had the normal egr b.s. one... any ideas on why cause i figure its the same as the k&n one.. also i disconnected the battery to reset the comp to see if that would help and it didnt
    Last edited by meangreenchevy; 08-06-2008, 06:56 PM.

Re: homemade cai gone wrong

Might just be the IAT sensor since you unpluged it or a wire is loose. I would double check the connections if the light is coming back on.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i cheched that already also its a new sensor prob 3 months old

Comment

What is the code it is throwing?
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i didnt get a chance to check the code yet being nthat i am at work.. i will be using the auto xray to scan it just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

Comment

okay guys scanned the car on my way to work... it is saying MAT is too low???.. what does that mean???... wierd thing is that when the check engine light comes on and i scan it that dosent come up only my egr code comes up... that MAT thing is in the history codes

Comment

what code was it?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

**maf

Comment

Your flex hose sucks. Get rid of that crap. It could be impeding or redirecting the air somehow in a way to effect the MAF sensor. Or are there MAF screens on those cars? If removed reinstall asap. I dunno, it could be a number of things. But obviously it's probably your home grown kit since the problem arose when you installed it.. right?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

no maf on the 3.4, it's speed density
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

mat

manifold air temperature

=

iat

intake air temperature

two names for the same sensor, just depends where its placed.

also no maf on the 3.4.
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Bah, no maf.. got it. I'd still get rid of the flex hose stuff.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if you dont want the stock intake elbow, check out the ebay intakes.

ive had one for a while now and as far as i can tell with the butt dyno, it was an improvement.

something like this:
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-95...mZ120291339877

i paid a lot lot less for mine though.
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

okay guys figured it out sensor wasent plugged in all the way my own fault i was rushing... im going to upgrade it too i 4 inch pipe instead of the flex hose i feel like that hose is restrictive

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X