Exhaust issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust issues

I just got my exhaust fixed at a meineke- the pipe going from the cat to the muffler was sliding in and out of another pipe causing a bad rattle. They fixed it and it all seemed good. Now I am on vacation in NC and one of my tailpipes fell off and this has made the car noticeably louder. I am wondering if i need to get this fixed right away- is it very bad to have exhaust exiting from directly underneath the car for a long period of time? My trip home will be about 7 hours and I just want to make sure that the exhaust heat pointing at the rear right tire won't cause a blowout or something like that and also if there is anyway that the exhaust would get into the interior of the car.

The exhaust has been repaired quite a few number of times and i am just thinking that it is time to get a whole new cat back since all i got in the first place was a flowmaster muffler- all the pipes are pretty rusted.

Do any of you know any good deals for a high flow cat and exhaust system? I may just try to find two new pipes to hook up the the muffler outlets because the car has 126K on it and i am not too concerned with hooking it up anymore.

I am more concerned with my safety regarding one tail pipe being hooked up to a dual outlet muffler.

Links to new tail pipes are appreciated as well.

Thanks for reading.
    2000 M5 SILVER FIREBIRD<br />*Flowmaster 80<br />*K&N air filter<br />*SLP LCAs<br />*Fast Toys CAI

Re: Exhaust issues

wait. so just one tailpipe fell out of the muffler? if thats the case, other than it looking kinda dumb, youll be just fine. but yeah you should definatly look into a catback system. i dont know of any deals on a highflow or catback other than keep checking the for sale section. i got a highflow and catback from in there for just a couple hundred bucks.

Comment

Re: Exhaust issues

If you want a cheap, awesome sounding, good performing exhaust, search around on the V8 sites for a stock SS, Z28, Formula, or TA catback. I love the sound of the SS catback on my Firebird. It's not annoying loud, no rasp til 4.2k RPMs, and it passed the *** in seat test.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X