passenger side O2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passenger side O2

my buddy and i while doing the removal of my stock manifolds made the judment call to just cut the wires on my passenger side O2. he said he could crimp them back and it would be no problem. well hes bailed on me now and i could have been done 10 days till sunday by this point except i cant get at these wires to do it cus my arms are to big. ive even pulled the new header back off to give it a try. driver side is all done and set to go. if i were to just screw the 02 and leave the wires cut how bad would it mess with the pcm?

Re: passenger side O2

Originally posted by BigNic View Post
    my buddy and i while doing the removal of my stock manifolds made the judment call to just cut the wires on my passenger side O2. he said he could crimp them back and it would be no problem. well hes bailed on me now and i could have been done 10 days till sunday by this point except i cant get at these wires to do it cus my arms are to big. ive even pulled the new header back off to give it a try. driver side is all done and set to go. if i were to just screw the 02 and leave the wires cut how bad would it mess with the pcm?
    BAD. Don't do it. ****ty that he told you to cut the O2 sensor man. They're a bit of a pain to undo but it's worth it. Just to let you know about O2 sensors..

The post CAT sensor is there strictly for the purpose of throwing a code when your CAT fails, or disappears..

The O2 sensors in your headers are there so your computer knows how to tune the mixture in the cylinders. Remove one of them and your motor might start running too lean (bad) or too rich (also bad, saturated piston rings can't keep compression very well). Go buy another O2 sensor and smack your buddy for being an idiot. It'll be around $100

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X