Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts

I understand this topic may have been gone over a few times. I did a search and found a lot of supporting information but I still have a few doubts and questions so I thought I'd just post them.

I decided to buy these bolts, and many people sat to buy them from FTPP. However, FTPP doesn't include the dimensions for the bolts. The dimensions recommended on this forum seems to be 5/16-18x1 (or 7/8) but after navigating through the Stage 8 product list and selecting GM > 6 CYLINDER > V6 (exc. 2.8L), they say 3/8-16x1 (or 3/4) kit number 8911A (8911 for the 3/8-16x3/4). The 5/16 bolts are stated as being for the AMC V8?

My setup includes stock heads on a 2000 Camaro, Abbot Racing Header Gaskets if they get back to me, Pacesetter Headers for the 3.8L, and I'm deciding on which bolts to get sifting through Stage 8's mess of a website.

If no one has had any problem with FTPP's mystery bolts or Grand Valley's Stage 8 bolts on a setup similar to mine should I just buy one of those or search for the kit number provided by Stage 8's website?

Re: Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts

I ordered them from ftpp, havent had any problem with them!
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

the bolts work well, even without the locking devices, they are high quality bolts.

I should add however that many people, including myself had had problems purchasing from ftpp.net

i swore to myself i'd let people know if they ever brought it up. they will take your money and not send you your product and then not answer your emails or phone calls, this has happened to a number of people, hope it doesn't happen to u.

max

Comment

OK, I see what you guys are saying. My main question was regarding the dimensions of the bolts and whether slightly different sizes would all fit my application. If they all do then I shouldn't have any problems ordering from wherever I decide to order from.

Comment

just do a search, the correct part # is floating out there somewhere, i just don't feel like lookin cuz frankly im not buying them. Just do a search i know the correct part # is out there.

Comment

Yeah after thinking about it for a little while longer I decided to stop being such a ***** and just ordered them. I guess if enough people have used the 5/16-18 bolts then I must just be interpreting the Stage 8 website wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by u441105 View Post
              Yeah after thinking about it for a little while longer I decided to stop being such a ***** and just ordered them. I guess if enough people have used the 5/16-18 bolts then I must just be interpreting the Stage 8 website wrong.
              received your order earlier and will get them sent out tomorrow. ;) Yes there are a few different kits that will work for your car. The one that we sell will work even though it is labeled as Mopar. There are also two lengths that work, the 7/8 and 1" work with our cars. #8915 and #8935 are the two mopar kits that work on our cars as they are the 7/8 and 1" sizes.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X