intake resonator delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake resonator delete

Has anyone done this with the stock air intake setup and put in place of it a smooth elbow, and is it worth it?

Re: intake resonator delete

Originally posted by The Banks View Post
    Has anyone done this with the stock air intake setup and put in place of it a smooth elbow, and is it worth it?
    As far as I know everyone who gets a whisper lid deletes the resonator, I think it would be worth it to invest in a whisper lid which comes with a hose that attatches right to your MAF sensor housing.

Comment

Shortly after posting this I found the article about the Tom Henry RS http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/index.htm
      and they too said that the whisper lid got rid of the resonator. I think I'll probably go that way. So is LMPerformance the best place to get the whisper lid from?

Comment

Originally posted by The Banks View Post
        Shortly after posting this I found the article about the Tom Henry RS http://www.camarohomepage.com/project/index.htm
        and they too said that the whisper lid got rid of the resonator. I think I'll probably go that way. So is LMPerformance the best place to get the whisper lid from?
        LMPerformance is where I get a lot of my stuff.

Good place to buy from. I'm pretty sure you will find a better deal somewhere, but LMPerfomance is a good name.

Comment

i just ordered my lid from them. but its back ordered 2-3 weeks but i dont mind waiting. im not going anywhere lol

Comment

iirc, you have another option besides whisper lid with the straight TB...

Comment

Originally posted by onspeed View Post
              iirc, you have another option besides whisper lid with the straight TB...
              Yes, If he has a 99-02 he can get the whisper lid or the K&N kit.
              But if he has a 98, he is stuck with the lid.

Comment

i think i've seen some people just take off the air lid and connect the 2 rubber things with a piece of piping.... his fquick thing says 2000 camaro

edit - http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ghlight=intake
                Last edited by onspeed; 07-27-2008, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Just search the boards for the "free ram air mod" or go with the whisperlid
                  2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X