egr help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr help

ok so i cant pass smog. i have done everything new cat, wires, plugs,o2, and last a new egr. ok now this last time b4 putting on the egr i almost passed. now when i put the new egr on i failed worst then the very first time. i took of the tube that goes to the intake and the one the valve sits on and they were not clogged. where else could there be a clog? o btw i have to much NO everything else passes with flying colors.

Re: egr help

what are your numbers for NOx? tested vs standard.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic View Post
      what are your numbers for NOx? tested vs standard.
      the standard is 685 or somthing like that. the first time i tested it was 1200 and this last time it was 1800

Comment

damn.

new egr shouldve done it.

are you getting a ses light?

check all the wiring for the egr. make sure its not leaking at all. if its leaking you should be able to hear it, feel it, and smell it (especially inside the car if you turn the vent on.)

my nox was high with a block off plate. i put my egr valve back on but it was leaking and hardly made a difference. after fixing the leak, i was able to pass.

the standard seems pretty low, but it varies on temp and conditions and stuff. i passed with 800something with a 900something standard.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

theres no leaks and all the wires look good. also no code

Comment

Run some seafoam maybe?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

did you make sure the ports in themanifolds are not plugged the intake manifold connection is prone to cloging also hows your pcv valve is it opening and not clogged ? to check the ports on the manifold use a peice of stiff wire to clean them out as its not just on the surface .

Comment

Originally posted by 95 l-32 View Post
                did you make sure the ports in themanifolds are not plugged the intake manifold connection is prone to cloging also hows your pcv valve is it opening and not clogged ? to check the ports on the manifold use a peice of stiff wire to clean them out as its not just on the surface .
                Where is the pvc valve located?

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                  Run some seafoam maybe?
                  did that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X