How to install 3 inch Magnaflow Catback+3 inch S Pipe - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install 3 inch Magnaflow Catback+3 inch S Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install 3 inch Magnaflow Catback+3 inch S Pipe

Hey guys well I was looking for the how to install Magnaflow Catback along with the 3 inch cat and 3 inch s pipe? And yes I did use the search function. But a bunch of pages came up and I"ve been looking for about 45 minutes with no luck. Does anyone have the link. I had read it on here before. And it was under the how to category but now its gone. And yeah I know this probably goes under the how to category but I figured more people would read this and increase the chances of me getting an answer under this category. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Erik

Re: How to install 3 inch Magnaflow Catback+3 inch S Pipe

What do you need to know specifically?
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

cut the old one off, put on the new. pretty straight forward

Comment

It's pretty easy like Fadetoblak said..
        Magnaflow kit should come with instructions.. In case it didn't though...
        (for the 3.8 litre) Disconnect your post cat O2 sensor by undoing the clip..
        Your replacing your CAT right? Cut off your CAT, if your not replacing the Y pipe than make sure just to cut the CAT off..
        Your stock S pipe is welded to your cat back system.. Cut just behind the weld so you can pull out the stock S pipe, than a bit of the S pipe should be sitting loose in the mid pipe.. Pull it out.. Remove the O2 sensor from the stock S pipe... Put your new S pipe in there, U-clamp it on, or weld it (I doubt you have a welder). Slip the cat on there and then U clamp it on (or if its 97 or earlier, you can bolt it onto the flanges) Put your O2 sensor into the bung in the S pipe, reconnect it and your done..
        If your new S pipe doesn't have a bung (a little threaded hole) in it for the O2 sensor, you're going to need to take it into a shop to have them weld one in for you...
        But that's only if you have a 3.8 litre (OBD2)

Comment

http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/M...20-install.htm (sorry, dont know why the pics are not working)

and.... http://home.comcast.net/~grayman99/exhaust-overview.htm
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
            cut the old one off, put on the new. pretty straight forward
            haha now those are some pretty sweet install instructions.
            Y87 Package
            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic
            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

The 3" isn't as straight forward as some of you are making it out to be.

Comment

i just assembled mine from front to back loosely and then once everything was in place and how i wanted it tightend down the u clamps and was done. Did you kit come with an s-pipe? I would just buy an s pipe and cat while your at it, because it's gonna be a pain to do it later. Heck if i were to do it again i would buy headers, y pipe, cat, s-pipe and cat back at the same time. Oh and the 02 simulator

Also check magnaflow i think they have instal instructions on their website. It's worth a try.

Comment

Thanks guys you're the best! And yeah those how to instructions are pretty sweet! But yeah I knew that the Magnaflow Cat-Back Kit would include the instructions for the 3 inch catback. But I wasn't sure if it would include the 3 inch S- Pipe instructions. Particularly because I've heard from different people that it does come with a 3 inch S pipe and from others that it doesn't. So I wasn't sure. But yeah its fine that the pictures aren't working grayman those instructions are pretty straight forward anyway. Damn, how long did it take you to find those ? Well thanks a again and everyone take care.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X