Multec2 "mini" size comparison to 'bosch' style injector needed. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multec2 "mini" size comparison to 'bosch' style injector needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multec2 "mini" size comparison to 'bosch' style injector needed.

Ok, 00+ cars come stock with multec2 injectors, "longs" i believe. Older year v6 cars come with bosch type injectors which are shorter and hence have a lower sitting fuel rail.

There is a 44# multec2 'mini' injector option and i want to compare it's length to a bosch type injector. I have a spare 98 'bosch' type fuel rail which i will be using for the new multec2 minis and want to find out if it is a direct fit or if i will need to lower the 98 fuel rail even further or perhaps even raise it up with washer spacers. I cant find the overall length for the 97-98 bosch injectors.

The multec2 mini im looking at has length of 58.9 mm from tip to tip. (off hand i think it may be even shorter than a bosch injector) I need a comparison so that i can prepare and evaluate any possible fitment issues. TIA. :)
    BTW: There are 3 basic sizes of multec2 injectors... Long, Short and Mini. According to dealers 'shorty' = 'mini'. This is a link to 44# 'shorty' or 'mini' http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/574 (racetronix actually has a better price for these but the link i posted has the info all on one page)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by grayman; 07-16-2008, 02:58 PM.
    01 Firebird A4 3.42
    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
    and other mods
    Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Re: Multec2 "mini" size comparison to 'bosch' style injector needed.

the mini is going to be about .57 inches shorter than the bosch

Comment

Re: Multec2 "mini" size comparison to 'bosch' style injector needed.

thanks Voodoo, that helps me plan things out.
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X