Exhaust question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question?

I'm want to put a new exhaust system on my car. I've heard Flow Master is a great company. Right now I have Stock Exhaust, but It's dual. If I go with the flow master, Which series should I go to? and will this make my car alot louder?

Re: Exhaust question?

yeah flowmaster will sound louder, but alot of people wouldnt reccommend them (including me) the rust out easier and apparently have like the worst flow of any aftermarket exhaust. if you want it to be a little louder than stock and have a real good tone, go with magnaflow. if you just want it to be balls out loud get a slp loudmouth. itll prolly sound like crap but itll definatly be loud loud loud

Comment

and by the way, this should be in the exhaust/intake section. not sure why its in the body section..

Comment

Moving to Intake/Exhaust...
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by brister421 View Post
          I'm want to put a new exhaust system on my car. I've heard Flow Master is a great company. Right now I have Stock Exhaust, but It's dual. If I go with the flow master, Which series should I go to? and will this make my car alot louder?
          Whoever told you that lied. Flowmaster sound OK, but don't flow too well. Do you want a new muffler or a full cat-back system? Muffler will show minimal gains if anything, just change the tone; a full system will give you the most gains. If you're going with a muffler, look for a single 2.5 or 2.25" in, dual out (don't know stock size) that's a transverse flow. If you're going a full system, most will probably recommend the TSP rumbler, Magnaflow, or Borla. Listen to the clips and pick the one you like based on the sound; the power gains are generally very similar.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

stock piping is 2.25", so you'll want to go with 2.5" or 3" if you do the full catback.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by brister421 View Post
              I've heard Flow Master is a great company
              flowmaster may be a great company, but their products are trash

Comment

if you can afford it go with borla.
                i have the flowmaster cat back it sounds ok.
                i got it real cheap new but i wish i would of went with borla

-Y87
                Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

A lot of people say that flowmasters are somewhat restrictive, but a flowmaster will outperform straight pipes because it scavenges exhaust fumes and pulses. As for sound; that is an opinion. My flowmaster sounds great up to 2000 rpms. After that it sounds like a bumble bee. Most mufflers on our cars do. If you notice in the exhaust clips most people dont rev their engine too high. Just make sure you find a muffler that you like because its your car.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                    My flowmaster sounds great up to 2000 rpms. After that it sounds like a bumble bee. Most mufflers on our cars do. If you notice in the exhaust clips most people dont rev their engine too high. Just make sure you find a muffler that you like because its your car.
                    opinion or no, 2000 RPM is lower than Micheal Vick's chance of being PETA's spokesperson. Also, bear in mind that the park rev. limiter is around 4000...so, while it may not fly up to 5800 RPM, it's because the car isn't going to let that happen..not because the driver is bashful

Comment

I just bought a Magnaflow catback system for my 98 Camaro.. I haven't removed my CAT yet and I haven't installed headers yet.. And as of the moment it sounds like a Rice Rocket.. Headers will make any exhaust system sound better.. So if you're going to the trouble of buying a CAT-back exhaust system, I suggest you invest in some headers as well, you have a choice of:
                      1. Clear Image Automotive Headers (my choice) they're a little more expensive but a better quality header and definitely worth it.
                      2. Pacesetters, I haven't heard the best things about these, apparently they're leaky and don't fit particularly well.. But a lot of people have them...

As for flowmaster, I haven't heard the greatest things... You're better off with SLP or Magnaflow.. But listen to other cars in the exhaust clips section before you make your choice... That's my two cents.. :cool:

Comment

i have a magnaflow and a highflow cat on my 98 and mine sounds awesome.

Comment

How much will the Borla cost me?? If yall didn't know I'm a teen in HS still..and workin alot to put money into this car.....I want it to look good and sound great before school gets in..

Comment

I have a flowmaster American thunder catback with a magnaflow cat, and pacestters and i love it. I think it sounds better than a cobra
                            Y87 Package
                            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
                            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
                            BONE APPROVED!
                            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                            Team Black...TEAM EMO
                            sigpic
                            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

ive been wanting to hear the american thunder exhaust on a v6 fbody but none of the exhaust clips that are of those dont work. you got a clip dude?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X