Where to buy aftermarket intakes for the 3.4? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy aftermarket intakes for the 3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy aftermarket intakes for the 3.4?

Are you guys using ebay or buying K&N FIPK's? I am wondering what intakes you guys are buying. I am looking for one that will eliminate the use of the factory 90 degree tube off of the TB. I need one that will start out with a 90 degree coupling off of the TB. Do you guys have any suggestions. Since I am new to the 3.4 I only know to check ebay and summitracing. Thanks for any help.

Re: Where to buy aftermarket intakes for the 3.4?

you could always make your own!

Comment

I threw one together with a K&N cone and tubes from Autozone, then I routed them inside the driver's fender through the gap that the original filter left. One of the bigger driveability differences I noticed. Total cost, perhaps $75, including the price of the K&N.

Comment

Originally posted by steddy View Post
        I threw one together with a K&N cone and tubes from Autozone, then I routed them inside the driver's fender through the gap that the original filter left. One of the bigger driveability differences I noticed. Total cost, perhaps $75, including the price of the K&N.
        is your piping stainless tubing? What did you do about hooking up the IAT sensor and the breather hose to the intake?

Comment

I like the ones from ChromeIntakes on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
            I like the ones from ChromeIntakes on ebay.
            like this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94...ayphotohosting

that is still using the stock tube off of the TB. That is one of the problems I am running into, it seems like most of them use that tube and that tube comes out too far for my use, I am hoping to find something that 90's straight off of the TB. I only see one on ebay that does not use the stock tube off of the TB and that one uses a sraight pipe before it bends so that is taking away clearance as well.

Comment

No, more like this one

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy View Post
                No, more like this one
                That one does look better. Do you have a picture of this one installed or know where I can find one? More like a top side view so I can see the clearance.

Comment

I am sure someone on this forum has this intake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X