need help with magnaflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with magnaflow

so i got my magnaflow cat back put on today. me and some friends did it ourselfs and it took about 2hours. it al lined up fine and then we tightend it all but now it seems loose. i can hear a ticking that sound like a leak from the midpipe under the car by the s-pipe. also the drivers side tip its a lil lower and sticks out a lil more then the other. when i hit bumps u can hear it rattle. should i just take it and get it all welded up and straightend out............?

Re: need help with magnaflow

what did you tighten the clamps with?
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

It probably settled some even though you tightened everything up. Go back under there and get everything straightened out and re-tighten. Once you get it all to stay the way you want it, rattle free, then go get it welded. It might take a few days to get everything adjusted right (it did with my flowmaster)
      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

the rattle issue might be where your pipe comes over the axle....mine had that problem at first, had to adjust it up a bit...that fixed it. just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by kylerobison View Post
          so i got my magnaflow cat back put on today. me and some friends did it ourselfs and it took about 2hours. it al lined up fine and then we tightend it all but now it seems loose. i can hear a ticking that sound like a leak from the midpipe under the car by the s-pipe. also the drivers side tip its a lil lower and sticks out a lil more then the other. when i hit bumps u can hear it rattle. should i just take it and get it all welded up and straightend out............?
          If you don't get it fixed right away and start experimenting with **** its gonna get worse. If you cant resolve it soon, go to a shop. I know because I still am having problems with my cat back a year and a half after it has been installed by me and my dad.

Comment

yeah i might go back under in a day or two. but i figure ill wait till it get worn in. it sounds ****in sweet. i think i just need to tighten them a lol bit. but later on when i get a lil more cash i figured getting it welded is a good idea so to insure absolutly no problems will come.

also i tightend them with a wrench. lol what else should i have used. however i did have to go buy another clamp becuase one they sent me was bent and **** and was missing a bolt. o well only cost like 2$

Comment

use a ratchet, you can usually torque em down better...
              Y87 Package
              MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
              Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
              BONE APPROVED!
              VANBIBBER APPROVED!
              KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
              Team Black...TEAM EMO
              sigpic
              Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

alright. i might get under there again tmrw but today im resting. no work fo me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X