TSP Rumbler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSP Rumbler?

I was originally planning on making my own exhaust with a glasspack and dual magnaflow tips. However, I've had a lot of people tell me it sounds like garbage, and one guy even told me to go with the TSP Rumbler.

So I looked it up and and found videos of the catbacks on Z's and SS's but none for the V6. Apparently the catback system is available for the V6, you just need an adapter.

Point of this is, has anyone ever heard it on a v6; had it; or have any opinions?

Thanks

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
    TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Re: TSP Rumbler?

got it. it sounds badass with my headers and highflow cat. there should be a long thread on here about it! i know a bunch of people have it.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I have it as well with Pacesetter headers and no cat at all. Very Loud. But once you hit above 4,000 RPM's it starts to get ricey sounding.

Comment

yeah, mine is with a cat that is completely burnt out...
        It does get a little ricey in the high RPMs, but no worse than other v6 exhausts imo.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think im going to get it, I just wish I could find it cheaper. $250 for the catback, $85 for the V6 Adapter and $30 for shipping comes to......$365.

Anyone know where I can get it cheaper? or am I going to have to bite the bullet?

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

uhh.... 85 for a v6 adapter?
            i got the kit for 200 from TSP. took it to a shop, they put it on for $100. 300 all said and done.
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold

Comment

im saleing the back end and over the axle on my rumbler all u need is a resanator or bullet muffler and an Intermediate Pipe that u can get here http://store.summitracing.com/partde...utoview=skuill ill even throw in a adapter that i never used all for $70 bucks at ur door step
              2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                uhh.... 85 for a v6 adapter?
                i got the kit for 200 from TSP. took it to a shop, they put it on for $100. 300 all said and done.
                So you bought the catback with no adapter and took it to a shop and they installed it?

I'm guessing a place like Car-X does it.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

personally i hate the way the rumbler sounds.. far too raspy/ricey i have a superturbo and love it.. but the sound of a rumbler may go good with your doors? =X
                  2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                  1991 3000GT VR4
                  2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                    personally i hate the way the rumbler sounds.. far too raspy/ricey i have a superturbo and love it.. but the sound of a rumbler may go good with your doors? =X
                    wow, your very funny.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by MAYH3M View Post
                      So you bought the catback with no adapter and took it to a shop and they installed it?

I'm guessing a place like Car-X does it.
                      The catback was a christmas present. They took the car over for me and everything. I know that they didnt buy the adapter beforehand. Any random exhaust place could technically do it.
                      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                      2006 S60- Sold

Comment

yeah, I just don't want to buy the catback, then end up being told that I need the adapter. But I might just have to buy it anyways.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
                          Come on now, lets try to keep this friendly, we're all here for the love of our cars. You may not like the lambo doors, but he does, and it's his car. Why say something negative like that? Besides, I bet that unlike the rest of us, he has no problems get in his car when someone parks really close to him.

On topic: I'm on the fence about the TSP rumbler. It's loud from the outside, and my concern is just how loud it is from inside.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, and I think I found some videos of the Rumbler on V6's and it sounds damn good, even in the car. But I do see what you guys mean about the rasp. However, I've accepted the fact that all exhausts are going to sound the same on a V6 (Raspyness).

Google Video

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

know that it will be loud. significantly louder than most other v6 catbacks, especially with headers. It is the same thing as putting an SLP loudmouth on an LS1... its not for everyone. When im driving and trying to talk to someone at the same time, i have to make a conscious effort to keep it as quiet as possible, which isnt easy.
                              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                              2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X