catback vs headers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catback vs headers.

so right now i have an slp muffler and a cai and will be taking out the cat. and i cant decide if i should get headers next or if i should get a full catback. would a catback do much more than just having the aftermarket muffler or would not much change (performance wise). if i get a catback, it will prolly be a magnaflow btw.

so magnaflow or headers?

Re: catback vs headers.

bothhhh...but if you can't it's hard to say. do you already have a 2.5" exhaust all the way back? If you have an aftermarket muffler, and already have 2.5" exhaust, that's pretty much close to a catback so i'd say headers, but If you only have 2" or 2.25" exhaust, then there's no point in putting headers on if they're just going to be restricted by the smaller piping farther back...just my two cents....headers if you have 2.5", magnaflow if anything less
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
    BONE APPROVED!
    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
    Team Black...TEAM EMO
    sigpic
    Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
      would a catback do much more than just having the aftermarket muffler or would not much change (performance wise).
      depends on how big the piping is

so magnaflow or headers?
      If you're modding your car just to seperate yourself from the stock herd a bit, then get the catback. If you have later plans for major modifications, then go with the headers, since you'll need them eventually

Comment

2.25 is stock right? i think its 2.25. definatly not 2 but i dont think it was 2.5
        anyways good advice thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
          If you're modding your car just to seperate yourself from the stock herd a bit, then get the catback. If you have later plans for major modifications, then go with the headers, since you'll need them eventually
          well i dont know how far im gunna take the modding, but im definatly gunna get headers eventually. i just didnt know if the catback would change anything for me or if i should just go straight to headers.

i guess im gunna go to a catback though.

Comment

I agree, headers would have little effect if you have stock pipes. Go with the cat-back.

Comment

May I suggest doing what I'm doing- save for the headers, buy them, save for the catback, buy it, then have both installed at once. It'll take longer for you to be able to enjoy it, but once you get both and install them it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X