Off the wall question about 3.4 to 3.8 Intake - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off the wall question about 3.4 to 3.8 Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off the wall question about 3.4 to 3.8 Intake

After careful consideration and thinking of how to modify it to make it work, Would it be possible to modify the 3.8L Airbox and lid to work on a 3.4? The only thing I see restricting it right now is the differences in the hood. I don't know how much of a slope the 98+ hoods have compared to the 93 - 97, or if there is and difference in the slope of the hood.

It's just a thought.

Re: Off the wall question about 3.4 to 3.8 Intake

I know someone has had to have thought of this before. It sounds like it would work with some mods ..... anyone??

Comment

a CIA would work just as well as a box so I don't think taking the time to mod it would be worth it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
        a CIA would work just as well as a box so I don't think taking the time to mod it would be worth it.
        yeah true, but like I said it was just a thought lol. It'd look kind of cool though to me

Comment

Assuming there is no difference other than fitment issues due to the hood, and that you go through with the front end conversion of your car, I would see no difficulties. But that is only a blind guess.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
            Assuming there is no difference other than fitment issues due to the hood, and that you go through with the front end conversion of your car, I would see no difficulties. But that is only a blind guess.
            I definitely plan on going through with it sometime this summer. This was just a random thought that I had/have been thinking about for about 2 - 3 days now. Also wondering if the ...... oh crap whats the word I want to use ......... effin A I'll say the hose? is the same size where it mounts to the engine(UIM?)

Comment

Well, as previously mentioned, I'm sure a Cold Air Intake would be a lot less hassle with equal or better results. But If you were to take the air box route, then you'll need to research and compare the differences between the 3.4 and 3.8 intakes (throttle body, MAF, UIM(?) sizes and angles). Personally, I don't know much about the intake beyond the throttle body, so I won't be able to help you out much more. Good luck though. :)
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                Well, as previously mentioned, I'm sure a Cold Air Intake would be a lot less hassle with equal or better results. But If you were to take the air box route, then you'll need to research and compare the differences between the 3.4 and 3.8 intakes (throttle body, MAF, UIM(?) sizes and angles). Personally, I don't know much about the intake beyond the throttle body, so I won't be able to help you out much more. Good luck though. :)
                haha yeah idk much about intakes past ...... well the intake I'm probably going the CAI route now Blizzard and yourself bring up a very good point of more out of a CAI .... seeing as it would seem to be less hassle as you say, I hadnt thought of all the technicalities of it.

Ouch! Another one of my useless threads I guess lol

Comment

Hey ya learned something right? I always get random thoughts like that too but in the end most people have been there and done that. The usual standard aftermarket upgrades are probably best for a DD but don't let that stop any innovation you may happen upon. Most chances are like I said previously though, people have been there and done that.

If you want to do it though, give it a shot. :)

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X