I need help with fuel and hesitating. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help with fuel and hesitating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with fuel and hesitating.

Ok I have a 1994 camaro 3.4, there has been a problem with my fuel and exhaust. I smell a very strong gas smell coming out of the exhaust. It almost seems to me that im not really burning any fuel. the gas fumes are just way too strong. My gas mileage has been horrible. im not sure if it's a oxygen sensor or something, but I know it's not running good. I just changed spark plugs/ wires. Also I don't know if this fuel problem is the reason why my car has been hesitating when i accelerate. I am very pissed with this car and I don't want to sell it, I just want it right.

Re: I need help with fuel and hesitating.

not sure how your exhaust could smell like gas, usally gas will burn off in the manifolds if it makes it out of the cylinder unless your pouring gas out. id start out with the basics, new fuel filter, check the lines and tank for leaks, clean the injectors and give it a good seafoam, id put the old plugs back in when you seafoam it, sometimes it fouls plugs. make sure your new plugs are the right plugs and gaped right, check your wires for any frays/burns, make sure they are on the right plug ect. probably something minor just go through all the little stuff first.

Comment

is the service light on? generally will be if you have a sensor problem

Comment

It sounds like you are running extremely rich, and because of it, probably ruined the cat if you have one, making it slower than normal, and also causing the smell.. but I don't know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X