Considerations when installing new exhaust - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considerations when installing new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Considerations when installing new exhaust

I did the same thing with my Pacesetter Header flange bolts. I bought (4) 3/8"-16 FULL THREAD bolts, (8) 3/8" washers, (8) 3/8"-16 nuts. I had one washer on the top and one washer on the bottom of each bolt, and I double nutted each bolt too.

Reason for the full threaded bolts is that I ran out of thread with the pacesetter bolts, even with washers. My flanges flattened out a little with the exhaust heat and compression from bolt tensioning.
    1996 white camaro M5<br />-Custom CAI, !MAF, !EGR, Hi-Flow Cat, Magnaflow Cat-back, Removed Jack/Spare/Back seats.<br /><br />2.12 60\' Best<br />15.14 @ 90 1/4 mile Best

Comment

Re: Considerations when installing new exhaust

Originally posted by saltnvinegar6287 View Post
      I did the same thing with my Pacesetter Header flange bolts. I bought (4) 3/8"-16 FULL THREAD bolts, (8) 3/8" washers, (8) 3/8"-16 nuts. I had one washer on the top and one washer on the bottom of each bolt, and I double nutted each bolt too.

Reason for the full threaded bolts is that I ran out of thread with the pacesetter bolts, even with washers. My flanges flattened out a little with the exhaust heat and compression from bolt tensioning.
      I ran into the exact same problem and solved it the same way. Putting those bolts in were the right decision but having someone hold the top of the bolt with a loooong socket while I wrenched it from the bottom was a NIGHTMARE! This was the only time I actually needed someone else to help out. I used three extensions and a swivel to help the person on top hold on to it but the driver side still kept slipping off. I was just glad to have that part completed. You won't regret the double-nut on the bottom.
      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X