Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header difference?

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...839039&NeXID=5

Im not asking if theres a difference between these two, but I dont really understand too much how much the difference matters. like quality wise. because its like over 100 dollars difference. so, whats the benefit of getting the ceramic coated one over the black painted one?

Re: header difference?

They are the same headers, One set is painted, the other set is ceramic coated. The ceramic coated headers cost more, last longer and look better.
    sigpic

Comment

ceramic coating works better than paint at high temps. its also an insulator to some degree, keeping the bay a little cooler.

Comment

is it a big enough difference (other than looks) to spend the extra 100 dollars in your opinion?

Comment

I bought a set of used Pacesetter headers off eBay for my car. They were painted. I sent them out and had them ceramic coated black before I put them on. Yes, I think it is worth the extra money.
          sigpic

Comment

alright thanks. i think ill wait nd get the ceramic coated.

Comment

If you don't mind about underhood appearances, then don't worry about it. If you want your engine bay to look decent, then go ahead and spend the extra money. That extra temps in the engine bay aren't going to hurt anything in there, so that's no big deal.
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

depends I'd say its worth it in general, but you can probably do as good or better job diy. You can probably find ceramic paint at a hardware store or auto store, and I know you can find Thermotec heat wrap at autozone, I think its pretty cheap. Just wrap around and then paint and cut your temps way down.

Like Rad said, its not going to hurt anything, but it will probably get pretty hot under there, makin your radiator work less good and warm your fuel lines, intake manifold, all the stuff you want to keep cool. Heat is the enemy of efficiency. Not sure its worth the cash, but I'd do it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X