Installed the headers on the camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed the headers on the camaro

thursday me and two of my buddies decided to put my headers on. we started at about 1:30 pm and work up to about 5pm and took a break. got back to work around 8 and by 10 we had the old manifolds offs. Deffinatly a pain in the *** to get those off. luckily only one manifold bolt broke. it was broken before we started and im not sure how long it was broken, just the head was broken off, so i was able to twist it out with vise grips. im all excited to get the headers on so we start with the drivers side (easiest) and come to find out summit gave me the wrong stage 8 locking bolts. so after all that work we had to call it quits again.... no part stores open now. I decided to wake up early and get to summit right as the open and get back home to get as much done as i could untill work. i get home and put the drivers side on and get the pass side mounted but not tightened, and leave for work. the next day my buddies come over again and we are just finishing up the pass side header by topping it off with the egr. i use the hardware that came with the headers and the head of an EGR bolt snaps off. with only about 1/4 inch or less of the bolt left, and almost no room to get vise grips on it, after about 30min of very gentle work i get it out, and head to the hardware store to get better bolts. finnally we get everything back together except connecting the headers to the exhaust. i fired it up and it sounds great. i took it down the road for a test spin but noticed my oil pressure was maxed out on my gauge. i went home and parked it, and have yet to figure it out. im assuming it might be the oil pressure sensor that i unpluged. i had my buddy plug it back in but mabe it didnt get plugged all the way in... hopefully ill get it all finished up this week.

Re: Installed the headers on the camaro

nice! can u post more info on your car for me and also what headers did u go with? any sound clips?
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Comment

Nice job. Sounds like you have lots of patience. As for the oil pressure, it has to be the sensor. Check the wiring and plug.

Comment

Originally posted by usp55 View Post
        nice! can u post more info on your car for me and also what headers did u go with? any sound clips?
        i went with pacesetter, i got the painted ones. Id be happy to give you any info you want on my car, just ask. Ill try to get some sound clips once its hooked up to the exhaust (flowmaster cat-back 80 series)

Comment

cool get some clips up.:tup:

-Y87
          Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6 View Post
            i went with pacesetter, i got the painted ones. Id be happy to give you any info you want on my car, just ask. Ill try to get some sound clips once its hooked up to the exhaust (flowmaster cat-back 80 series)

year? 3.8l?
            1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
            Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
            sigpic

Comment

95 3.4, so far it has headers, K&N intake, ported and polished throttle body, aluminum DS, underdrive pullies, electronic shift kit. getting posi and 4.10s installed next week, after that im going to switch out the electric shift kit for a real transgo shift kit, and probably a new stall around 3500. that should get me through the summer. after that in going to pull the motor for a complete rebuild with a cam (212,212) and most likely the aluminum head swap, since i can just swap out the piston for the grand-am ones when i rebuild... should be a pretty quick little 3.4 when its done.

Comment

um you have to give me a sound clip and throw a cutout on that bad boy too (sounds like your heading to the track soon anyway with this quick little 3.4L)
                1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                sigpic

Comment

i should have it together wednesday. It should sound pretty unique, im running headers into a small glass pack which is inplace of the catalytic convertor, and from there it will run out to the back through the flowmaster cat back. the headers should lower the exhaust note, and the glass pack should help keep rasp to a minimum while the muffler should keep it from sounding too harsh. im considering adding an electric cut out but thats not on the top of my list. Im heading to the track as soon as it opens, they wouldnt let me run last year, i wasnt 18 until they closed for the year.

Comment

I'm with you, bro. I got my armor coated Pacesetter headers installed and fired it up this afternoon. Wow...sucker was LOUD with no cat or exhaust! :) But I used the Iridium plugs and it purred like a kitten. My gf said, "Yep. That sounds just like a redneck car!" I was never so proud!

I just gotta get the high flow cat welded in and finish the Magnaflow exhaust. I'm hoping to have the car on the road by warm weather!
                    2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Im running the delco platinum plugs, looks like im set back another day on getting it all together, i ordered some MSD wires and some protector covers for the boots, i think i mested up one of the wires when i pulled them off, sounds like its missing a little bit but it adds to the drag car sound when idleing, it sounds like its lopeing out, so once i get the wires i can really get it finished off. hopefully they come tommarow. its starting to warm up here and i really want to drive it but it still has about a week or 2 of shop time to get it painted and have the gears put in, so i'll have to wait.

Comment

Where did you get the protector covers? What kinda gears are you having installed? 3.73s? Having a local shop do it? Congrats on the install.
                        2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                          Where did you get the protector covers? What kinda gears are you having installed? 3.73s? Having a local shop do it? Congrats on the install.

got the covers off ebay pretty cheap, they are brand new, i believe they are MSD. Its what ever nascar uses. I have a set of richmond 4.10s going in with posi too. having a local shop do it, im going to help so i can learn how to do it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X