Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

Ok I have decided that’s my next goal for the car. It’s a 94 3.4L with a cutout. The cut out does not sound to bad to be honest and it surprises people even my neighbor who has a restored Malibu, but I want more, I want a deeper sound. I thank a cam upgrade will also help but from what I read I should do the headers first. I have a few questions

1. Best place for prices?

2. I know I need better gaskets and locking bolts, where to get?

3. All the pacesetters I see for the 3.4l camaro say "w/o air" what are they talking about and did all 3.4l come without air injection?

4. ERG - is that going to be a problem on the passenger side? - I don’t want to have to delete it.

5. I have factory exhaust - will these headers fit right up to the factory exhaust? or do I have to upgrade that also?

6. Will the addition of pacesetters really improve the sound of to my car? I mean really noticeable? I don’t want to put 230 into the headers and another 375-400 for instillation if im not gona improve the sound

7. Anything I missed?
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
    sigpic

Re: Headers

Hey buddy!!!! (bubba428 from NJFBOA) read my post there, Its worth it, don't be afraid!!!!!!

Comment

hey bubba, good post. I want to do it, its just a cost/benefit ratio im dealing with now. Looking at $700 after installation to "maybe get some more HP and possible better sounding car."
      1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
      Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by usp55 View Post
        hey bubba, good post. I want to do it, its just a cost/benefit ratio im dealing with now. Looking at $700 after installation to "maybe get some more HP and possible better sounding car."
        Think about it like this- you will gain some HP and get a better sound, just maybe not quite as deep as what you're looking for. But, you can throw in a cam and with the headers and cutout that beast will give a fierce roar.

Comment

i like you thinking
          1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdPhil View Post
            Think about it like this- you will gain some HP and get a better sound, just maybe not quite as deep as what you're looking for. But, you can throw in a cam and with the headers and cutout that beast will give a fierce roar.
            ........have you ever don a cam on a 3.4 IN the car....I shudder to think I ever lose a loab on mine. try getting the oil pump drive out, yea...Satan is waiting...

anyway for anybody else looking to do this
            Originally posted by bubba428
            you'll get gains out of it, 15hp or so. in the long run combined with other mods it will make a difference. There is no "magic mod", the 3.4 is very tough to see gains from. headers, you probably already have a CAI, 18/19lb injectors and AFPR, and you'll see about 30-40hp at the flywheel at most. I forget if your car is manual or auto, but the 3.4 just doesn't have the grunt to spin the auto and its gonna be hard to notice a difference until you make a big gain.

Comment

No, I haven't, I have a 3.8. But if I'm not mistaken, isn't a cam install easier when the engine is out anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by usp55 View Post
                4. ERG - is that going to be a problem on the passenger side? - I don’t want to have to delete it.
                What the hell is an ERG?
                5. I have factory exhaust - will these headers fit right up to the factory exhaust? or do I have to upgrade that also?
                it'll fit, but will defeat the purpose of going thru the trouble for headers

6. Will the addition of pacesetters really improve the sound of to my car? I mean really noticeable? I don’t want to put 230 into the headers and another 375-400 for instillation if im not gona improve the sound
                it will improve....whether that's enough to satisfy you or not, is a personal call/gamble you're just going to either have to take or leave

But if I'm not mistaken, isn't a cam install easier when the engine is out anyways?
                You are mistaken. Having the engine out would, in reality, only save you maybe 6-10 minutes on a 10-hour install process

Comment

texas-speed.com has some cheap headers

Comment

No, I haven't, I have a 3.8. But if I'm not mistaken, isn't a cam install easier when the engine is out anyways?
                    but the engine isn't going to be out

and smoke there is so much crap that needs to be taken off a 3.4 to swap the cam its would be easier to just do a full rebuild on the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
                      but the engine isn't going to be out

and smoke there is so much crap that needs to be taken off a 3.4 to swap the cam its would be easier to just do a full rebuild on the motor.
                      Since when is doing a full rebuild the same as pulling an engine?

Comment

WHOA dude....misunderstanding here....I was saying to some body else that the engine isn't coming out, and I was saying to you that its such a PITA to do a cam on a 3.4 that the motor might as well just be pulled and rebuilt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X