long hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long hose

wondering if gm or someone else made a hose that'll stretch from my lid to the tb without the little detour through the silencer; in other words, all one piece. I'm about to do a delete but I don't want to look bad. I could do a spacer, but since I don't have one handy (oddly I have 2" pipes and 4" pipes but no 3") and this will be just as easy. I may end up doing the spacer anyway, but its good to have options. Especially since my current hose has a hole in it (electrical tape is sealing it currently, until I can find one.).

Ideal would be one I can go to autozone or a dealer and pickup without ordering it on the internet.

Re: long hose

Not sure about one-piece. But you can do an easy home-made one with a short piece of PVC pipe and some couplers. Kind of like this:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...g+air+silencer

Doesn't look too bad, IMO. You could even paint the PVC black to match.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

pvc couplers! that was what I need! I spent an hour or so today struggling with an exhaust pipe and the stock hose, which is strangely shaped.

Comment

and I ran the engine for a bit without the silencer on. didn't really notice much difference. anyone have a sound clip?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X