magnaflow cat 23466 on 2000 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

magnaflow cat 23466 on 2000 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnaflow cat 23466 on 2000 Firebird

Hi all,

Anyone had fitment issue with this cat on a 2000/up Firebird? We bought the 2.5in Magnaflow cat back for the car for Christmas (fits perfect) and just recently tried to add the 23466 cat converter. It may fit 95-99's but it comes down way too low from the manifolds on the 2000. It would be only an inch or two from the ground. Plus it's too long, pushes the muffler into the trunk floor area. Could this be due to the factory changing to the tubular exhaust manifolds on 2000 and newer? Does the collector on the old manifolds exit up higher than the collector on the tubular manifolds? I spoke with people at Magnaflow and they say it should fit but I think they do not really know. I'm taking the car over to Wichita Sat. morning to a muffler show listed as a Magnaflow dealer and let him look at it and see what he says. I went by a Pontiac dealer today and it showed different Y pipes in their parts book depending on the exhaust manifold type. I hope to know more after this weekend but anyone with ideas please chime in. And the kicker is the box the cat got shipped to me in has been tossed so I don't have it to ship back the cat to Summit!! Nice!!! lol

Thanks in advance,

Joe

2000 Pewter Firebird V6 A4 K&N, Magnaflow Cat Back
    1972 Vega Pro Street
    2005 Toyota Prius

Re: magnaflow cat 23466 on 2000 Firebird

that is for 95-99 cars. Summit and magnaflow are both wrong. Those y-pipes are way too long for tubular manifolds.

Comment

Pictures would help.
      sigpic

Comment

I'll take some pics and get them posted. It will be a day or two tho.

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Hey all,

I took the car and cat over to American Muffler in Wichita today. They're listed as a dealer on Magnaflow's website. They put the car on the lift and confirmed that the cat I was sent wouldn't come close to fitting. They checked Magnaflow's website as well as Walker and one other and they all showed 95-02 were the same. But of course that's in error. They did have the ability to redo the cat I was sent so that it could be installed and not have to be sent back. So I went that route and now it's on the car. The loacl place here where I live didn't have a way to do any mods on stainless steel pipes. It's just a local gas station type place. Anyway, it's on and I'm happy.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's actually called a Y pipe with the converter already welded to it.
            sigpic

Comment

I ended up having the guys over in Wichita do a little mod on the pipes and got it installed. They agreed that the Magnaflow people were wrong about it fitting 2000 and up with the tubular manifolds. And of course now it's giving me some codes P1133 and P1153. Guess the O2 sensors are not liking the new cat/y-pipe!! Oh well. A new project I guess. It's louder, not sure if I'd like it all the time but I guess my son can deal with it and that's all that matters.

Joe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X