installing an exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing an exhaust

so a few months back i got a new muffler for the camaro and had a shop put it on cuz i didnt feel like dealing with it. they were saying that they thought the axle would need to be dropped, but then looking at it (prolly seeing that it was just a muffler instead of a full cat back) they said nevermind. Now Im gunna buy a full cat back and wondering does the axle have to be dropped in order to put it on? and if so, how much ish (take a guess) do you think a shop would charge to put it up?

also, off topic but dont want to start 2 threads to ask simple questions, Ive got an slp muffler on my camaro right now and it sounds pretty good. Im going to put a loudmouth on it and Im wondering how much the sound will change? I know itll be better air flow and everything like that, but just out of curiousity will it sound alot different? or does much of the sound come from the actual muffler?

sorry for the long post. but thanks for anyy help.

Re: installing an exhaust

the one im getting is used though, so i assume its already assembled.

anyone else installed an exhaust and know if the axle has to be dropped?

Comment

I put a 3" over the axle on without in problems, I just cut the old section off and put the mandrel bent one on, it was real easy, I ordered the mandrel bent one from summit. And used 2 easy seal clamps. Even the rest of it I would think would be easy if you had the part #'s for the tubing.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Most cat backs come so you don't have to remove the rear axle to install them. They might have to remove the pan hard brace while fishing the new pipe over the rear. I have 3" Borla and it came in enough pieces where I didn't have to remove anything except the old exhaust.
        sigpic

Comment

with my magnaflow catback i had to cut the old one and the new stuff was two piece fit like it was original

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X