With this CAI fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With this CAI fit?

I've been looking to buy a CAI for my 1996 V6 Camaro. Before starting to look I had already preferred SLP so their sight is primarily what I was looking at. However, I couldn't find a good package deal from them containing the parts I desire. Long story short would this CAI system advertised for a V8 fit and funtion properly on my car. Here is the link: http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/de...

Thanks

P.S. if you don't believe it will funtion properly or is worth the effort please offer some suggestions. I've been searching for far to long to find the most adventageous CAI system it's just becoming a hassel now.

Re: With this CAI fit?

link is broken

Comment

Tell me if this one is working
      http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=2104621047|0

By the way I just noticed that my post says "with this CAI fit?". It should say "will this cai fit?", o well.
      Last edited by yenko21; 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Nope. Pre 98, you can't use lids You have to get one of the intakes that go into the fenderwell. SLP is a good one, but you could just as well make one from PVC and a cone filter for ~$35.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I was thinking of making my own. The school I go to has a shop where I can bend the pipe. I know what the bends have to be, but I was kind of hoping to buy a name brand that was time tested and insured quality. But thanks for letting me know it will not work. I guess i'll hit up home depot some time today, and see if I can get into the shop to bend the pipe sometime tomorrow.

Comment

Unless it's a mandrel bender, I wouldn't do it that way. I'd fo PVC so you can get nice smooth curves. If it's not a mandrel bender, then it'll wrinkle the inner wall, making it very hard for the air to flow. It may be better than stock still, but PVC or some other piping would be better.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

It is a mandrel bender. The only reason they have it is because in course work for the night school that occurs at my school they make custom exhausts. So, why not take advantage right?

Comment

might want to consider insulation and heatwrap too

Comment

yea after reading the other post about CAI's in this section I pretty much planned on wrapping.

Comment

Originally posted by yenko21 View Post
                    It is a mandrel bender. The only reason they have it is because in course work for the night school that occurs at my school they make custom exhausts. So, why not take advantage right?
                    Then I'd definitely do it that way. Get some nice 3" aluminum piping and start bending :)
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Comment

Will do...if i remeber when its done Ill put up some picks and show how it turned out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X