3.4 headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 headers?

I want some headers for my 3.4 and I wanna spend as little money as possabul. The cheepist one I can find are pase setters for around $250, think can I find them any cheeper?
    Last edited by niik000; 03-15-2008, 03:17 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Re: 3.4 headers?

i got mine from summit for $204, they price matched texasspeed. i dont know if TS is still selling them for 204, i think summit is about 230-240 with out the price match, thats about as cheap as your going to get, unless you get used ones... good luck finding some. if you want to do it right have about $75+ extra for parts like, locking header bolts, fiero gaskets, and copper rtv. you can use whats in the kit but its better to upgrade to the parts i mentioned, they will save you alot of time and avoid trouble in the future. dont forget you should have everything welded up after, thats even more money to have ready. do it once, do it right the first time... it saves money in the long run

Comment

Yep, just looked they have shorty headers for 204, thanks a lot. I'm gonna bolt them up to the stock pipes, loose the cat. And replace the muffler with a dual outlet one I found on eBay.

Comment

Only thing I'm worried about is it being too loud, the muffler is big but with out a cat it might be a PITA, I guess a high flow cat would be my best bet

Comment

like i said before do it once and do it the right way. i would suggest you do the whole exhaust. chances are your old one is going to be rusty and will have some leaks. summit also has a flowmaster cat-back, for about 280 or something around there. sounds great. its not overly loud, i ran mine for about 3-4 months with out a cat and it sounded good, but would rasp about 3k and above. my headers are going on next week and im replacing my straight piped cat section with a small glass pack. that should get rid of the rasp and sound nice and smooth. your exhaust is only going to flow as good as the smallest section, thats why i would suggest doing the whole system.

Comment

Yah I'm more of a do it wrong do it 4 times kind of person. I think I should work on thsto I was once told there's something called liquid weld that works real good for exaust. Was I lied to?

Comment

JB weld=liquid weld.... not for exhaust, the only good weld is a nice real weld layed by a good welder. dont cut corners, doing it right the first time is going to save you alot of money in the long run.

Comment

If you want to be cheap, use u-clamps availabe at your local parts store. They also sell slip-fit couplers. Have it welded when you can afford it.

JB Weld does not belong on a car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X