Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P&P intake manifold questions

Hey all,

I was thinking about pulling my intake manifold to paint it and figured while it was off maybe I should do some P&P work on it, more polish than port as I don't know what(If anything) should be ported. Was wondering if there's any point to it?

In a couple months I'm going to be picking up a set of Abbott Stage II heads, and getting some form of Cam(Haven't decided which yet).

Tried searching, but everything I've seen pertains more to the heads than the intake, so I wasn't sure if it was worth doing or if it was just a waste of time?

I've a 98 firebird, with just bolt-ons so far.

Thanks everyone!

Re: P&P intake manifold questions

I would not polish those ports...they need some roughness to them. Usually you portmatch the lower to the upper and that is it unless you have heads to match up to as well.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i thought it was ok to polish the intakes, and then when the fuel was introduced you wanted to have it ruffen up.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
        i thought it was ok to polish the intakes, and then when the fuel was introduced you wanted to have it ruffen up.
        and where are your injectors? yea the lower intake ;) You want it rough to mix the air and fuel as it goes in
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well what i did was polish the upper intake and then did a semi polish on the lower intake. Port matched the upper to the lower, then the lower to the head which is finished with 80 grit

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X