k&n fipk vs. everything else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k&n fipk vs. everything else

so my question is this i have a 2002 firebird y87 w68 and i want to put a new intake ive always wanted the fipk but i dont know if it will be tht affective seeing as how im not puttin a ram air on it, also ive been looking at the austin ram air kit on lmperformance.com and tht looks like it would be better seein as how air is actually being forced through? so idk im confused as to which i should get cause k&n has always been my choice but the fipk is expensive and if i could go with the austin and be gettin the same if not better performance than the k&n that would be great. i just rly want to know if anyone has tried both of these and exatcly how much horsepower i would be expecting.

Re: k&n fipk vs. everything else

from what ive heard, "ram air" is just a marketing tool. what youre really looking for is less air restriction from the stock crap.

Comment

i've had the slp cai , k&n air filter and whisper lid. and the k&n fipk kit. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the fipk. even if my car isn't ram air, but i've done a few other mods to the front of the car that opens up alot more air. she breaths so much better
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
        i've had the slp cai , k&n air filter and whisper lid. and the k&n fipk kit. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the fipk. even if my car isn't ram air, but i've done a few other mods to the front of the car that opens up alot more air. she breaths so much better

what mods exatcly? cause all i would have is just the fipk

Comment

Originally posted by blackfbird98 View Post
          so my question is this i have a 2002 firebird y87 w68 and i want to put a new intake ive always wanted the fipk but i dont know if it will be tht affective seeing as how im not puttin a ram air on it, also ive been looking at the austin ram air kit on lmperformance.com and tht looks like it would be better seein as how air is actually being forced through?
          the only "ram air" worth a damn is FI.

i just rly want to know if anyone has tried both of these and exatcly how much horsepower i would be expecting.
          You're not going to get that answer, because no one has done back-to-back dyno runs with the two intake styles on a car that's set up exactly like yours. Just trust that your car will be faster with either alternative

Comment

the dyno sheet that the fipk comes with shows a 5 hp increase.but they are pretty pricey depending on what kind of funds you wanna spend on an intake.personally i like it but i havent had anyother intake other than stock.

Comment

I bought the k@n fipk from rksport years ago. Its nice and puts the air filter down in a high pressure spot below the driverside headlight. My car was more responsive with it.
              69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Re: k&amp;n fipk vs. everything else

Originally posted by Den69RS96 View Post
                I bought the k@n fipk from rksport years ago. Its nice and puts the air filter down in a high pressure spot below the driverside headlight. My car was more responsive with it.
                Wrong year car. His is a 98, so he'll have the filter right there under the hood. Not too sure how it seals up or anything, I've just seen pictures.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Re: k&amp;n fipk vs. everything else

For a 98 is no K&N fipk kit available! That is only for 99+ cars with the straight tb. We have in our 98 3,8 the angeled tb! The only way is SLP or FTP cai, K&N filter and a whisper lid!
                  Or make your own kit!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X