installing 3.4 headers, what needs to come off?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing 3.4 headers, what needs to come off??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing 3.4 headers, what needs to come off??

i bought a set of pacesetters on sunday and im ready to install them on the camaro. i have it up on jack stands and so far i removed the alternator. im trying to do the passenger side first since it looks the hardest. it looks like i have to take the ac compressor out. does that need taken out? how do i go about getting it out with out letting the pressure out? what else should i get out of the way so i can get to the manifold bolts? i soaked the bolts i could see with PB blaster, and other tips on not breaking a bolt?

Re: installing 3.4 headers, what needs to come off??

Im not too keen on the setup of 3.4's, but another tip for ya ,is heat those bolts up with small torch. When ever I have a bolt that wont even move after soakign in PB, heating them up makes them turn right out!!

Comment

I dont have any helpfull information but post and let us know how it turns out. I was thinking about getting headers my self. Let us know if you can tell a difference.

Comment

well i gave up.... for now, i got the alternator off and decided to call it quits. i had my propane heater on full blast and with it being 7 degrees out side its just too cold. im gonna have to wait for it to warm up a little bit before i decide to tackle it again. ill have some help then too, my dad said he'd help if i would wait for it to warm up a bit. so i guess ill just keep stock pileing all my mods, i got some good stuff saved up over the winter: posi, 4:10s, headers, clear corners, lowering springs, and a couple other little things. i cant wait until it warms up so i can get some off this done.

Comment

1. Helps to know WHERE you are, some members do help others with modding.

2. Getting the headers on the 3.4 is a PITA.. I know, I've done both stick and auto versions. Basically, everything has to come out of the way. LOTS of PB! and heat if you have it for some bolts (header to collector).
          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X