Pacesetter Y-Pipe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter Y-Pipe Question

Hey Everyone, I just bought These Headers and y-pipe, and I know this may sound like a stupid question, but does this new y-pipe delete my cat? or does it bolt on right before the cat.

Thanks

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
    TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Re: Pacesetter Y-Pipe Question

Originally posted by MAYH3M
    but does this new y-pipe delete my cat?
    no
    or does it bolt on right before the cat.
    yes

Comment

ok, just had to clear that up, thank you!

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

What did you do to that car?! :(

TEAM C6V6

Comment

If your talking about the Vertical Door Kit, I bought it like that, I didn't do it.

Oh, and do you think this is going to make any difference in power or sound, because I'm replacing the stock exhaust manifolds with these and I was under the impression it was going to delete my cat, so now I don't even know if it will add power or maybe sound nicer.

Thanks
          Last edited by MAYH3M; 02-11-2008, 01:22 AM.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

yes it will add hp and a more agressive tone, just not as much as you are probably thinking. and you should think out your exhaust before you switch anything. when you get your headers you should go ahead and see if you wnat to delete your cat if its legal or see if you want to get a hi=flo cat.
            1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
            - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Since you live in Chicago, get the hi-flo cat.
              2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Well, I was already going to buy a Magnaflow Hiflow cat, but not at this time.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

Doesn't Chicago have emissions testing?
                  2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
                    What did you do to that car?! :(
                    He made it look ****ing badass in that photo... you're just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by splitplug
                      He made it look ****ing badass in that photo... you're just jealous.
                      If I was jealous or even wanted that done.. I'd have it done. So what's your point? I'll give it to him though, it's original. At least I've never seen it on any Camaro before but that's probably for a reason. By the way, I don't know about you but if I like something someone has done I'd say so. I wouldn't insult it, lol. Does that make sense to you?
                      Last edited by Blizzard242; 02-12-2008, 04:59 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

It's okay, I hear **** about it all the time. I bought the entire car with the vertical Door Kit already installed for $1700.

As for the Headers and Y-Pipe, I'm getting them installed right now, but I was a little disappointed to see the really crappy paint job on the headers.

Oh, and get this. A Shop yesterday told me it would take them 6 hours to put on my Headers.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by MAYH3M View Post
                          It's okay, I hear **** about it all the time. I bought the entire car with the vertical Door Kit already installed for $1700.

As for the Headers and Y-Pipe, I'm getting them installed right now, but I was a little disappointed to see the really crappy paint job on the headers.

Oh, and get this. A Shop yesterday told me it would take them 6 hours to put on my Headers.
                          Ha, ditto. Mine just came in yesterday. I know the paint is going to burn off right away but wow... they look like crap even from the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Taheen View Post
                            Ha, ditto. Mine just came in yesterday. I know the paint is going to burn off right away but wow... they look like crap even from the box.
                            yeah, for sure.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah don't mind me about the doors, to each their own. And dude, install the headers yourself. You can do it, plus the labor will be free and rewarding. It'll be easy assuming all the bolts are lubed up and come out real nice. That's the only PIA with everything.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X