SLP vs Magnaflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP vs Magnaflow

Since I was in my accident, I'm in need of a new exhaust. I have a Flowmaster cat-back at the moment, but looking for something different.

SLP has the nice dual/dual tips that I would like and know they sound good on V8's, but do they sound decent on V6's?

Magnaflow has gotten good reviews on this board, but am wondering if it will carry less rasp at higher rpm's than does the SLP and Flowmaster.

By the way I have a high flow cat and a 2000 Camaro with the 3.8L. Just wondering which one would carry the less rasp, not worrying about loudness here, just want a good mellow tone.

Also, anyone know the go around price of getting it installed and welded right away(avg.)?

Re: SLP vs Magnaflow

SLP is way loud and in my opinion sounds especially bad up top. I'd say magnaflow has a more mellow tone and is certainly quieter. slp sounds nice down low, but I still think it's way to loud.

local shop charged me 100 for installation, the only pipes they made were from the muffler back
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
      SLP is way loud and in my opinion sounds especially bad up top. I'd say magnaflow has a more mellow tone and is certainly quieter. slp sounds nice down low, but I still think it's way to loud.

local shop charged me 100 for installation, the only pipes they made were from the muffler back
      Thanks, yeah I would also need piping to cat and from the cat to the y-pipe since I screwed that up awhile back. The cheapest I saw the Magnaflow setup go for was about $450 online, know a place to get it cheaper besides used? Not looking to buy someone elses.

Comment

for a daily driver magnaflow is better. the loudmouth i hear drones and doesnt sound very good with our V6's. I have magnaflow and i love it.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

i have the loudmouth II and for a daily driver it would be pretty loud, especially without a cat. but if you don't drive your car daily then it would be good cause i think it sounds great but, like for interstate speeds you pretty much have to yell to have a conversation in the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X