Best Exhaust for V6 3.8L???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Exhaust for V6 3.8L???

Hey guys, I was about to put a new exhaust on my 2000 Camaro and was wondering what has the best sound and deepest tone, with no whining. I heard that Magnaflows are best for Cars like Camaros and Flowmasters are more for trucks. Anyway, just trying to get you guys opinion.
    Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
    77.78%
    Flowmaster Catback Exhaust
    2.78%
    SLP Exhaust
    19.44%

Re: Best Exhaust for V6 3.8L???

i think most will agree on either Borla's cat-back (if you can afford it) or TSP's rumbler. Besides those two, Magnaflow. Flowmasters are OK and flow better then stock, but the magnaflow sounds better IMO, and it flows better. I don't think I've ever heard the SLP on a 6
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

kinda crappy the way you narrowed it down - but SLP takes the win, based on flow. Then Magnaflow, then Flowmaster. SLP's are pretty loud though - almost annoying IMO. I'm happy with my Z28 take-off and future cutout.

Comment

"kinda crappy the way you narrowed it down - but SLP takes the win, based on flow. Then Magnaflow, then Flowmaster. SLP's are pretty loud though - almost annoying IMO. I'm happy with my Z28 take-off and future cutout."

I only posted those 3 because those are the only ones I'm interested in. Borla is way too overpriced and almost anything else isn't worth it. And Since SLP's are too loud to the point of being annoying, doesn't that make Magnaflow the best choice?:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by KingJames
          I only posted those 3 because those are the only ones I'm interested in. Borla is way too overpriced and almost anything else isn't worth it. And Since SLP's are too loud to the point of being annoying, doesn't that make Magnaflow the best choice?:rolleyes:
          then get whatever you want

Comment

You could always just get a borla muffler and then have an exhaust shop fill the rest in.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
              then get whatever you want
              I will eventually, I'm just trying to get opinions and advice before a just pick any one randomly.

And what does that do if I would put a borla muffler on and have them fill the rest in?

Comment

stock

Comment

And what does that do if I would put a borla muffler on and have them fill the rest in?
                  You'd get what I have. I bought a borla pro xs muffler and had an exhaust shop finish it up. Of the choices, i'd go with magnaflow.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Hey^^^^ So how does yours sound with just the Borla muffler? Does it still have a deep, nice tone? That sounds like a cheaper route if so.

Comment

ive never been a fan of borla (v6 or v8)

slp will be really loud

flowmaster sounds okay, but is so so on flow

magna flow has a nice tone and not too loud

TSP rumbler- from the one car ive heard it on in person (v6 anyways) sounds really nice.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

I have the magnaflow on mine. Not too loud, but has a nice tone to it. I have heard several not so good things about flowmaster, but dont know much about the slp on a v6.

Comment

wat do u guys mean by slp being too loud, too whiny like a ricer car or just loud in general?

Comment

Hey^^^^ So how does yours sound with just the Borla muffler? Does it still have a deep, nice tone? That sounds like a cheaper route if so.
                            I really like the sound, for me, it's pefect. It's deep and mellow, really not too loud at all, which is what I was going for.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

And Since SLP's are too loud to the point of being annoying, doesn't that make Magnaflow the best choice?:rolleyes:
                              Well, for highest power gained per dollar, SLP takes the win. For a streetable exhaust that will give you slightly less power (probably un noticable unless on a dyno) then I vote Magnaflow. When it comes down to it, its all based on sound with catbacks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X