did i buy that right muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: did i buy that right muffler?

How much money? :P When I 1st began modding my V6 I went with an 80 and it was much quicker(at least it felt like it) then when it was stock and all I did was replace the muffler at the time.

Comment

the muffler i have now.. where i push my clutch in..it makes a horribly rumble sound. i dont think my other cars make that noise. is it just because the muffler is so far in the back?

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
        the muffler i have now.. where i push my clutch in..it makes a horribly rumble sound. i dont think my other cars make that noise. is it just because the muffler is so far in the back?
        are your other cars civics, v6s rumble a tad bit and v8s rumble a whole lot, depending on the rumble it might be a GOOD thing lol. unless you like fart can annoyance sounds.
        1999 Firebird W68<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995565\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995565</a> <br />-Derek

Comment

a flowmaster sounds good at idle and up to about 2500 rpms. their known for their interior resonance. ive got a 40 series that after about 50k miles ive rattled something loose in. i can hear it when i knock on the muffler.

i think i might go with borla next time for a better high rpm sound.

Comment

I have the Flowmaster cat back system on my Camaro and I like it, I know it isnt the best system out there but then I wasn't looking to spend a fortune. You can hear it more at low rpms and when it gets to higher rpms I can hear it in the car but when I raced my parents said they didnt hear it. But I think it sounds better then stock.

Comment

Flowmasters are fine for a V6 - don't listen to people who hear other people say "Flowmaster sucks" and then just adopt that advice as their own. For a V8 there are better flowing systems - but I don't think were talking V8s

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                Flowmasters are fine for a V6 - don't listen to people who hear other people say "Flowmaster sucks" and then just adopt that advice as their own. For a V8 there are better flowing systems - but I don't think were talking V8s
                It doesnt matter if its a V8 V6 or 4 banger, Theres better flowing mufflers then flowmaster for any car. I know cuz I've had both the 40 and 80, They suck specially after headers installed.

But to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by jnxV6
                  ....when I raced my parents ......
                  how many times do you come across that on car boards? To each their own for exhaust, sac has/had a flowmaster on his comero and it droned, not as much as my friends 66 stang. My comero has a v8 cat back & headers ( I still don;t know why Steve kept the stock cat??????? ) and my parents say it's kind of loud ( yeah, they're getting up in the years).

Personally, I love the sound of Raven exhausts, especially on the 3.4, but I don't know if they're even around anymore. :(
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 96camarolover
                    It doesnt matter if its a V8 V6 or 4 banger, Theres better flowing mufflers then flowmaster for any car. I know cuz I've had both the 40 and 80, They suck specially after headers installed.
                    Yes, but not everyone likes the flavor of police magnet exhausts. So sometimes its worth the 1 or 2 horsepower Flowmasters hold back compared to a Magnaflow (or something similar).

Comment

Haha funny You say that. My muffler is better flowing the flowmaster yet quieter then a flowmaster so its no cop magnet. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 96camarolover

But to each his own.
                        I've had both as well and definitely agree

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X