Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake

hey guys,
    i was wondering if i put an intake like this one http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...products_id=28 will i feel a differance in hp

Re: intake

This is a very good kit. A friend of mine has one on his '01 SS, and he says he can tell a difference between this and stock. He's one of those kids with access to his parents money, and i know he had 4 different intakes on that car last year alone...and he's stickin with this one so far...he went as far as to paint the inlet black, to match the car for those who look under it, it makes this really neat air-sucking sound, but it aint really loud...u can tell its working thou...go for it man:tup:

Comment

Take the silencer out and get that and you will notice a pretty big difference. Mainly in sound, and a little better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by 95astrovan
        This is a very good kit. A friend of mine has one on his '01 SS, and he says he can tell a difference between this and stock. He's one of those kids with access to his parents money, and i know he had 4 different intakes on that car last year alone...and he's stickin with this one so far...he went as far as to paint the inlet black, to match the car for those who look under it, it makes this really neat air-sucking sound, but it aint really loud...u can tell its working thou...go for it man:tup:
        do i need a whisper lid????

Comment

if you wanted the sil. out you would either need a whispter lid or and extension.

to be honest, when i put that in my car, i didn't feel a change. i did that whole set up with the cai and whispter lid, i love the k&n fipk which is what i have now.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Waste of money which is why I never bothered. Funny how they say "watch out for clones"... if you were good with metal work, you could make your own for about $10 bucks.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

i think your missing the point...no matter what intake you put on your car, no matter how good it is, you're not going to feel a gain in hp. you'd need like a 10hp increase to feel it, and no intake will give you that.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-3041which one would be better a whisper lid and that intake above or this. i have a ram air hood.

Comment

i've had the whisper lid, cai, and k&n filter.

i changed to the k&n fipk. i will never go back.

if ne want to make one...i did a full lay out with diagrams and dementions. lol
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I swear by K&N. But with the 02' I thought the lid had a cleaner look.
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

ok thanks. im gonna go with the k&n kit

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                        no matter how good it is, you're not going to feel a gain in hp. you'd need like a 10hp increase to feel it, and no intake will give you that.

... X 2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X