I may have waisted money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have waisted money...

I have this kit as my intake http://www.lmperformance.com/4163/13.html , but am going to be supercharging my car shortly. is there any way I can still use this filter? if you notice it is an oval shape on the end of it, so i would need to go from an oval shaped pipe to a circular shaped pipe. see what im sayin? I'd rather not scrap this kit beacuse i payed a hefty sum for it. I know it'd be easier to just buy a cone. It is a very good kit, and I have a WS6 hood, making it better. any ideas?

if it cant be done i have it for sale in the for sale section :naughty:

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Re: I may have waisted money...

it could be done. We used a ls1 MTI clear lid for my brothers sc kit we put together. Just took some flexible piping to connect to it. You could probably find a rubber reducer that you can make the bigger end into an oval and slip over it
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

heres what it looks like, its a pretty intense oval. what im thinking is if i can find a flexible pipe like you said, to have that go down and to the left to the supercharger, and for from the supercharger to the TB to go over and come up from the right...good idea?

Last edited by 99BlackW68; 01-23-2008, 12:23 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

sorry for thread crapping, but that is a clean engine

Comment

i take care of my baby :D

its actually a little dirty haha, thank you though! so, about that S/C...

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

lmao if you want ill take off 100 for the intake ;)

Comment

The connection from the filter to the tb is too long to be adapted to a s/c setup...with that, I'll trade you my raditor support/slp cai/whisper lid, k&n filter for your setup.

:tdown: :tup:

Comment

can i see some pictures christopherr? and that was a $280 dollar setup...so if i were to sell it it would be for $200. is the radiator support where the stock filter and lid sit on? sorry i just never knew what that stock plastic piece was called.
                Last edited by 99BlackW68; 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                  can i see some pictures christopherr? and that was a $280 dollar setup...so if i were to sell it it would be for $200. is the radiator support where the stock filter and lid sit on? sorry i just never knew what that stock plastic piece was called.
                  Sorry at work and cannot get on a hosting site or up load low res pics.

Only interested in a trade. Don't have money...saving for a cf WS6 hood.

I'll get ya some pics tonight.

Comment

is the radiator support that big plastic piece that my metal one replaced? the one that the filter and lid sit on?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

take that black plastic piece coming out of the filter that has a bend and flip it around so the outlet is to the left of the tb. Maybe cut it down a bit, then connect some flex tubing to it and then to the sc. problem solved.

Your discharge will come from under that plastic piece and tie into the tb
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

you my friend....are a genius... solves my problem 100%

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Wouldn't S/C mount on the left side (passenger side) of the engine? If you flip it, wouldn't it get in the way? Even if the adaptor was cut down?

Just looking at the pictures...imagining a set-up. I just don't see it feasible. Not knocking the idea...it might work.

Comment

What hp gaines do you get from your k&n filter setup compared to just a slp lid or somethin?

Comment

Not to get off the subject, but did you feel a difference in hp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X