Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Borla Exhaust

Hello to anyone who reads this!

This is my first post here at FirebirdV6.com and hopefully not my last :)

I recently aquired an '02 Pontiac Firebird V6 with 19k miles on it. Now i wanna put some muscle on it for this summer and i'm looking to upgrade the air intake & exhaust. Now, I found this site checking out all sorts of info on the car and read the basics to upgrading the different parts and came accross mention of a Borla exhaust package for about $600-700 dollars. I went to thier site and i entered my make and model and they only show 1 setup and costs just under a grand.

I'm just wondering if there was a earlier model that was referred to, as i doubt the price could fluctuate $300 dollars in the course of one year.

I'm lookin to pretty much get a 3" setup with mandrel bends and from what i read Borla makes the best.

Re: Getting a Borla Exhaust

welcome to the site. there are lots of different websites that sell catbacks for our cars. i would suggest:

www.ftpp.net
    www.lmperformance.com
    www.thunderracing.com
    www.zzperformance.com
    www.texas-speed.com

just to name a few
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

you sure you wanna get a borla? If you lookin for the best than ya definitely borla, but its so costly.... magnaflow makes stainless steel catbacks and would probably run you half the cost. Just throwin it out there.

Comment

Well, now i've come to me senses and realized i really dident need the best and i dident even like the duel pipe tips. I've found a flowmaster 3" catback for $433 which seems like a good deal (from ftpp.net). Now i have to find a 3" in/out cat. I'm most likly gunna go with the Clear Image headers unless i find a better deal...

Comment

i think CIA is the best header for the 3.8.... i have a 3.4 so dont take my word as gospel. I was able to pick up a flowmaster catback for only 265$ to my door from speedycarparts.com not sure if they have one that cheap for your model but its worth checkin out. I would suggest getting either flowmaster or magnaflow and save your $ for other goodies.

Comment

I was on this site that gave a chart of how this flowmaster exhaust sounded. It was rated at aggresive (highest on the chart). Tko you still have the flowmaster on yer bird? Is it super loud? How you like the sound?

Comment

might wana give these a listen as well:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=59728
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by PolishFalconV6
                  I was on this site that gave a chart of how this flowmaster exhaust sounded. It was rated at aggresive (highest on the chart). Tko you still have the flowmaster on yer bird? Is it super loud? How you like the sound?

Im in love with the sound of my flowmaster, but its also got a high flow cat and some headers, also i've heard the 3.4 sounds better than the 3.8 simply because of the firing order of the cylinders :naughty:

it rumbles nicely, especially in the lower rpms. But like almost any of our v6's when you get up to 4000 and up your gonna hear a little bit of rasp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X