open exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open exhaust

Ok I been running open exhaust for about six months, but today on highway i gave little gas and after a second later i hear nothing as if my exhaust got back on there but it's still off after the cat. can some one tell me what it might be? it sound like car with exhaust on but it's not on and feels like power lost specialy on high rpm and very hard to reach 70mph.

Re: open exhaust

Originally posted by junkey_chan
    Ok I been running open exhaust for about six months, but today on highway i gave little gas and after a second later i hear nothing as if my exhaust got back on there but it's still off after the cat. can some one tell me what it might be? it sound like car with exhaust on but it's not on and feels like power lost specialy on high rpm and very hard to reach 70mph.
    Got a little trash in there somewhere?

Comment

idk thats what i was thinking maby clogged cat? this sux

Comment

Originally posted by junkey_chan
        idk thats what i was thinking maby clogged cat? this sux
        could be a possiblity

Comment

If it's quieter and you lost power, it sounds like it may be the cat, but the fact that it was so instant is weird. When you say it sounds like there is an exhaust system on there, do you mean literally? That much of a sound difference to sound like you added another 8 ft of pipe and a muffler?
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Ditch the cat.. where do you live?

If you don't have emissions.. like me, then just cut it off.

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx
              Ditch the cat.. where do you live?

If you don't have emissions.. like me, then just cut it off.
              Aren't you gettin bad gas milage?

Comment

I have 3.42's and I get like 31 highway and 24 city (it can be as low as 16 depending on how I drive.. hah).

I actually still have my cat, I was just saying if you live in FL like me, not if you cut your cat off like me.

I get better gas mileage when I have my cutout open because I don't like the acceleration from a stop to road speed.. I just like it when i'm already moving/idle, so I take off really slow with it open to avoid sounding like a riceburner.

On a separate note, an E-cutout opened just a little bit sounds awesome. Just enough that there is no rasp, but also enough to have a deeper smooth tone. I press the button two taps.

Comment

ya i cut off cat today and its back to normal except bit louder and little slower on high end i am guessing cause of the back pressure?

Comment

High end?

It should give you slightly more HP and less TQ I think.. That's what it feels like to me anyways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X