WS9 Ram Air hood questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS9 Ram Air hood questions.

Apologies all for the (probably) stupid questions! My car is described at the bottom of the post.

I recently won a U.S. Exotics WS9 hood on E-bay. But I've ended up quite confused. I did quite a bit of research here on these boards, but didn't find direct answers. I do understand that Ram Air is more like a fancy CAI than anything else, but I bought the hood for the look and the Ram Air is just an added benefit. The auction description states...

This is a direct bolt-on replacement utilizing your factory hinges, latch, and hood struts on a fully finished, paintable underside. The hood IS fully compatible with the factory airbox to enable functional ram-air (but the addition of a WS6 lower airbox will increase airflow)... This is HAND-LAID fiberglass (NOT "CHOPPED" GLASS) to ensure the strength and longevity of your hood and utilizes only the finest lightweight composites and is manufactured by U.S. Exotics LTD... The ram-air ports are pre-cut with the factory 98-up firebird ws6 grills included and installed prior to shipment and the firehawk-style heat extractors are also pre-cut with permanently mounted mesh grill inside the ports.
    My questions...

1. I'm confused by the statement that it is compatible with the factory airbox. Is there no connections that need added to direct the airflow?

2. Would this...

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...OD&ProdID=1061

be usable on my car?

3. If I were to start hitting the junkyards and "U-pull-it's" in my area, would I be able to take the airbox off a WS6 equipped LS1 T/A and use it?

Thank you all in advance, I *really* appriciate any time taken in helping me out!

98 3.8L firebird
    Whisper air lid
    Iridium plugs
    Taylor spiro pro 8mm wires
    (To be added when the hood goes on)
    Pacesetter headers
    Hi-flo cat
    Magnaflow catback
    Alluminum Driveshaft

Re: WS9 Ram Air hood questions.

Unless you are going over 100MPH the "ram air" does not work. I wouldn't waste money on buying an airbox and whatnot.

Comment

Re: WS9 Ram Air hood questions.

The factory Ram Air cars had a taller lower air box ( the part that also holds the radiator). The opening is about 1" taller than the stock lower box. Your link shows the correct part. I can beat that price on it if your looking for a brand new one.

Brian
      Last edited by bigbrian442; 01-02-2008, 04:33 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X