upper and lower gasket seals..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper and lower gasket seals..

Ok, so I took the upper and lower intake off, noticed on the front where the thermo goes its a light brown, and the rest of the intake ports are black.

Now I know where my antifreeze is going. anyhow, i got the gasket kit and i have 3 rubber seals that came with the lower intake kit. The upper kit came with the throttle body upper gasket and 1 big round seal.

I have 3 small seals that goes withthe lower gasket. Where do they go??? I dont want to start popping out corroded seals to only fiund out I dont have one to replace it with...

This is an ASAP installation. so any help would be great!!! Thanks
    Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Re: upper and lower gasket seals..

oh and I have this rusty colored clay crap in my cooling system. What is it? And how do I get rid of it???

Thanks
    Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Archer
      oh and I have this rusty colored clay crap in my cooling system. What is it? And how do I get rid of it???

Thanks
      Archer

i think you need to do a full flush

Comment

Is your car a 3.8? and can you take a picture of the gaskets?

Comment

the gaskets IM using. there are 3 rubber o rings. 2 orange 1 black. small.

The upper kit comes with 1 big orange ring, and 1 small black ring. I know where those go. I think this kit is for multipul 3.8 engines. so I guess I just dont use them, because its not in the book!

Archer

Comment

I understand what your talking about that one black O ring in the lower kit, I don't know what its for either. but the other 2 O rings are for the coolant elbow from the lower intake to the heater tension assembly.

I just checked the box that it came in its for the oil filter adapter?

Comment

I think the larger o-ring goes between the upper and lower manifold in the groove around the water passage just below the thermostat.
              Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X