looking for a catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a catback

hello everyone. I come to you today to ask your opinions on a good exhaust/catback for a 94 firebird 3.4l

i have found plenty of info on 3.8s but not 3.4s.

my budget is around 300... hopefully lower, but i know thats probably not feasible.

im used to having a v8 under the hood to listen to, and i know that sound isnt achievable in a v6, but id like something similar. a sports-car sound is great, but a fart cannon sound will end up making me kill myself.

if the raspy sound were mainly allocated in the higher part of the rpm range, that would be great. it would really help me keep my foot out of it LOL!

i really appreciate the replies and the time used to even read the post :)

Re: looking for a catback

hey man... i see this is your first post so welcome :wavey:
    well.. to answer your question... i don't have a 3.4 so im not really sure... but i think that flomaster makes them (tkoforpresident has one) and i would assume that magnaflow and borla have them as well... but im not positive.

Comment

i had flowmaster 40s on my previous car, 94 thunderbird, it sounded good, but i hear they sound like garbage on v6s, not sure about 3.4s though

thanks for the welcome :)

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
        hey man... i see this is your first post so welcome :wavey:
        well.. to answer your question... i don't have a 3.4 so im not really sure... but i think that flomaster makes them (tkoforpresident has one) and i would assume that magnaflow and borla have them as well... but im not positive.

yeah magnaflow and flowmaster are gonna be your best options... personally i have a flowmaster and i really do love it. If i had more money however, i would have gone with magnaflow, since its stainless steel and imo has a little deeper growl to it. I'm not sure of this but its possible the magnaflow comes with longer exhaust tips, which i admire. Eithe way its a close call. The difference between the two is price. I don't think i've seen a magnaflow cat back for the 3.4 for less that 375$ . I got a great deal on my flowmaster 80 series from speedycarparts.com for only 270$ and free shipping. (which is great cuz its like 50 lbs) I'm not sure if they still have it but you could check it out. Are you going to have a shop install this? either way, save a headache by picking up a Catco high flow cat for around 50 $ on summitracing.com That way you can just have the new cat installed with the catback, and all you'll need to worry about down the road is the headers :cool: let me know if u have any Q's.

Max
        Last edited by tkoforpresident; 12-31-2007, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Get the magnaflow, may be alittle more, but i love mine, i don't have a 3.4 but i've heard one on a 3.4 and it sound very very good. Check out the audio clips section, here, and on fullthrottlev6.com there are some more over there. You tube probally has some clips as well. I like magnaflow for the reasons stated before, you get like 2 feet of nice shinny exhaust tip, and the million mile warranty, if it ever rusts or quits, you get a new one.

Comment

i think ive decided on ryang's setup seen here and found in the exhaust clips section

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...ccb9111edd.htm

its not a catback, but i do admire the way it sounds... nice mix of thunder added in with the ricey sound when he gets higher in the RPMs

Comment

what exactly is in that set up?

Comment

you can always have a shop custom fit something on your car, i got mine done for like 300ish dont remeber the exact total
                1999 White Pontiac
                A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

hey man im selling my magnaflow muffler. i LOVE the way it sounds...i just need something that can hold bigger pipes as im upgrading my exhaust system. only been on the car for 6 months. only $50 plus shipping. its over $80 plus shipping new. stainless steel too. i love the sound of this muffler. very tough sounding, low rasp too.
                  Last edited by 99BlackW68; 12-31-2007, 03:10 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                    what exactly is in that set up?
                    Flowmaster 80 series no cat. Same setup on my car. I love it.
                    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
                      Flowmaster 80 series no cat. Same setup on my car. I love it.
                      x2... cept i have a hiflow cat, and a 3.8. Either way it sounds good!
                      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                        x2... cept i have a hiflow cat, and a 3.8. Either way it sounds good!

i've actually heard ppl say the 3.4 exhaust sounds better cuz of the firing order of the cylinders... i dont know if that is true but i figured i'd throw it out there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X