headers install finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers install finished!

well it took 2 days of working 12 hours each day to finish but we are finally done. headers are installed and it works great. we had to mess with the y-pipe a little bit, put a couple very small dents in it to fit it around the tranny and oil pan. ran it with open headers a little bit and...:drool: :drool: it sounded so good haha. thanks for your guys help when i had some questions.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Re: headers install finished!

haha i hope you didnt have as many problems as i did!!! lol. it took me 2 days also, we had y pipe problems too, so we just said.... screw it no more cat!

Comment

PICS OR BAN!!!! ha jk.....but seriously.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

dang, that took a long time. that's crazy you had to put dents in it to get it to fit. I didn't have to w/ my pacesetters and CIA is supposed to be top notch.

Comment

for some reason the induvidual Y-pipe tubes were welded at a slight angle...so it just barely hit the transmission and oil pan. a couple dents took care of that though! as for problems...actually one of the manifold studs broke off in the head...but we were able to get it out with vice grips instead of drilling it out. luckily about a 1/16 of an inch of the stud was still sticking out...just enough to spin it a little bit each time to get it out. my plan was to go catless the whole time.

i am going to the exhaust shop on wednesday to get custom 3" tubing made for the rest of the exhaust. i talked with a well known car guy around here, owns his own shop and has been doing performance work forever, and he advised i go 3" tubing because i plan on supercharging the car. so thats what im gonna go with all the way back.

here are some pics of the dents we had to put in the Y-pipe, and some of the headers.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

looks amazing
              1999 White Pontiac
              A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

that looks sweet congrats can u feel the hp gain???

Comment

Awsome!
                  Are those CIA or Pacesetters?

-Y87
                  Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

It took two days to install them? Why did it take that long? Sucks about the denting of the y-pipe also... didn't have to do that with my cheapo pacesetters, they fit perfect.

Comment

thanks guys. yeah we just took our time to make sure everything was done correctly. they are CIA. and as to whether or not i can feel a gain...i dont know yet. im going to run 3" pipe from the Y-pipe and back, and ive ordered a high flow cat and magnaflow muffler. so until those come in, the car has to remain in the garage : (
                      Last edited by 99BlackW68; 01-02-2008, 12:39 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X