header problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header problems!

ok so as some of you may know i just installed my headers 2 days ago. We also deleted the cat and i run 3 " piping. ever since i started the car up i have had the SES light on and i checked it today, the code was DTC P1404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Closed Position Performance. i think it might have to do with the broken stud that i left in the cylinder head on drivers side in the front of engine. im gonna try to get it out tonight one last time. does any1 know if this code could be something else? i tightened the egr valve pretty dam tight on the header, and one last question, since i deleted the cat (i know it will be a week or 2 b4 i have my O2 sensor that used to be behind the cat trigger a code) will an o2 simulator for that o2 sensor fix the problem? or any other way to solve the problem?

Re: header problems!

idk dude, i just broke an egr bolt into my header if it makes u feel any better =(

Comment

ok so i did sum searching and found that i should clean the egr valve. well i took the valve off and opened it to find a piece of metal wedged in the valve. (Iprobly from the new headers) took it out and started her up. the SES light is still on, WTF!!!! is it supposed to go off automatically when the problem is fixed or do you have to have the code deleted? or will it go off after driving it for a lil bit?

Comment

reset the pcm, see what happens

Comment

SES light does not go out immediatly. You have to start and run the motor a few times before it goes out assuming the probelm is resolved.
          Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

i think you have to drive it some time too i forget how far
            1999 White Pontiac
            A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

everything is fine now ses light is off. now all i gotta worry about is getting that broken stud outta the cylinder head, and get an o2 sim for the after cat o2 sensor, i think ill try american motorsports in orlando to see if they got 1

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X