Is it a good idea to get cold air intake with a cat back flowmaster? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to get cold air intake with a cat back flowmaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a good idea to get cold air intake with a cat back flowmaster?

I have a 1996 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8L V6 and my dad and cousin say it is a bad idea to get a cold air intake with my flowmaster but until then i was told that it was a good idea to help the car breath better and i have no real knowledge of it and I was wondering if anyone with real knowledge could give me some real helpful input all advice is welcome thank you!

Re: Is it a good idea to get cold air intake with a cat back flowmaster?

a cold air intake is never a bad idea, better gas milage, and better performance...what kind of intake are you looking at?
    1999 White Pontiac
    A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

Of course it'll be better with intake and exhaust. Your car will definitely breathe alot better..lol.. Why wouldn't it be good to put intake with exhaust??

Comment

yea see that is what i said my cousin is a dumb *** but yea it would be slp cold air intake

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fury
          Of course it'll be better with intake and exhaust. Your car will definitely breathe alot better..lol.. Why wouldn't it be good to put intake with exhaust??
          Pollution? global warming... ohhh... does the engine ever choke or something if you take the filter off and inhales dirty air?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
          Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

good choice i love my SLP intake, go for it man its a great investment
            1999 White Pontiac
            A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

more oxygen faster = better performance, always.

Comment

a deff plus. plus it makes your mods list longer
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I would find one cheaper than SLP. Anything you can come up with that puts an open filter outside of the engine bay will do ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd14
                    Pollution? global warming... ohhh... does the engine ever choke or something if you take the filter off and inhales dirty air?
                    ..wtf?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X