TPS went bad, sooo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS went bad, sooo...

acording to my computer my tps went to crap.
    its located rite on the intake on the block to the left, i can see it and it looks like i need a special tool, like a starbit or sumthn...

could i do this myself or would it be better for sum1 else to do it, because what i can tell all i do is take the old one out and put the new one in

btw im told that itl take 1hr shop time to do, which i thnk is b.s. frankly, unless theres sumthn idk about

Re: TPS went bad, sooo...

No! lol. Don't let a shop replace something that simple. Yeah, it requires a hex tip screwdriver. Anyone with a decent little in-car tool kit has one. I have one. All that's required for mine (and I'd imagine for yours) is that 2 screws be taken out and the TPS be unplugged. Make sure the new TPS fits on there and that it functions correctly and is fitting like the last one did. Put the hex screws back into place, but be careful not to cross thread them, which was very easy to accidentally do on mine. Plug it back in and you should be good to go. I was throwing a low voltage code for my TPS. I'm not sure if you have to reset the ECU, but I'd do it to get rid of the codes. Someone feel free to chime in and correct me if it's different for the 3.8. It took me all of not even 5 minutes.
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

^ what he said is good.

Comment

it is VERY simple to do, you take the two hex screws out, unplug it, and pop the new one in, IIRC there is an o-ring on it, so make sure the old one comes off

edit* go to sears or kmart and pick up one of those little fold up milti hex bit things, it will work for you, they look like this: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...sName=Hex+Keys

if a friend doesnt have one, i or someone on here can get the size for you so you can buy an individual one
        Last edited by cam98aro; 12-25-2007, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X