Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Exhaust

Originally posted by Byrd14
    yeah me too... ill go back to my import... if some people here are that mad because we have v6's bird or maro's then i guess you're at the wrong forum... i guess the url gives it all...
    very very true my friend.

Comment

Well I just meant out of this thread. I'm never going to some import. Although, I do not like the fact that some other guy told me " I dont think anything other than bolt ons are a good idea for you" Cause I said I don't want to ever have to pull the engine. Hmm yeah, i'll just be satisfied with a new airbox lid and a catback exhaust. Why in the hell would I be here if thats the only mods I would ever do to my car? Who the hell needs help installing bolt ons?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

lol.. probably yeah... well as I said before... If I was planin on really going fast.. ill take a Platform with lots of potential and Aftermarket parts available already.... If im racing ill take the import... if im cruisin or pickin up some girls.. ill consider taking the customized byrd... thats why im building a sleeper import... and a cruiser v6 byrd...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
        Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
          Why in the hell would I be here if thats the only mods I would ever do to my car? Who the hell needs help installing bolt ons?
          I do. I suck. :)
          2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
            I do. I suck. :)
            I won't hold it against you :spank: Maybe that was presumptuous of me, possibly hypocritical. But hey, once you learn and understand I suppose it's hard to conceive that others could be so dense :drool: We were all there. I definitely didn't know half of what I do now just from visiting this site. But the exhaust system questions do, and have always just seemed like common sense, besides the opinions of how they sound.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

hmm... wow... just read this thread for the first time... 1st off... good job scene is keen... i think it sounds good...i was actually thinking of getting a flowmaster.
              2nd... whats with all the harshness? this is a v6 board, never going to sound like a v8... ok yea, we get it, but you don't need to bash his setup cause it isn't a more expensive one... when i joined i figured this was a nice board, and i would fit in fine (me being a v6 too)... but i guess its true, there are ****heads where ever you go.

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
                hmm... wow... just read this thread for the first time... 1st off... good job scene is keen... i think it sounds good...i was actually thinking of getting a flowmaster.
                2nd... whats with all the harshness? this is a v6 board, never going to sound like a v8... ok yea, we get it, but you don't need to bash his setup cause it isn't a more expensive one... when i joined i figured this was a nice board, and i would fit in fine (me being a v6 too)... but i guess its true, there are ****heads where ever you go.
                It's ok. There are a lot of nice people still. Except one person specifically has been very testy in all the threads they've been posting in recently. Maybe they got coal for xmas?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

It's ok. There are a lot of nice people still. Except one person specifically has been very testy in all the threads they've been posting in recently. Maybe they got coal for xmas?

Probably.

Someone pee'd in his cornflakes

Mods:
                  Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
                  Racing Stripes
                  Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
                  Camaro Fill Ins
                  Black Outs
                  Tint

Comment

The exhaust looks good, keep it up man.

Comment

Whoa, I didn't check this thread for a day and it got real angry. Eh, Im outta here.
                      haha yeah I left it alone for a little while

Comment

Maybe there are a couple of people that need to take a "vacation". Rude comments will not be tolerated. See ya in a few weeks Smoke Panther.

Sceneiskeen, congrats on the new exhaust. It sounds great! Keep up the good work. The car looks nice. :tup:
                        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I need to take a "vacation" I'm addicted.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                            Maybe there are a couple of people that need to take a "vacation". Rude comments will not be tolerated. See ya in a few weeks Smoke Panther
                            owned, ouch...

sceneiskeen, nice exhaust but please, PLEASE take those badges off your car man. im sure there are cleaners that take the residue off from underneath
                            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

thats one of the best flow masters ive heard, and to everyone on here trying to compare to a V8 face it, it will not sound like one, but we can try our best to make it sound the best we can.
                              ...as for a new mod for your car...PaceSetter headers for sure!...and do a new intake!

-as for a cheap exhaust get a SLP loud mouth style muffler installed before the rear end and have just straight pipes run over the axel to duals after the rear... it cost me about 200 dollars...thats my set up and its totally diffrent than any thing ive heard! ill post a clip as soon as i can
                              1999 White Pontiac
                              A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442
                                What V8 has two cylinders firing simultaneously? Last time I checked they fired 90* of crank rotation apart.

Brian
                                yes, last time I checked, cranks rotated on a circular axis, and there were 360 degrees in a circle. Unless there are now 720 degrees in a circle, you must have two fire at the same time. Oh, there are two cylinders on a common crank journal, so no matter what, two cylinders hit top dead center simultaneously and the valves are controlled simultaneously as is the spark, causing both cylinders to fire at the same time.

As per the V8 sound, a V8 engine's firing order causes a musical harmonization of sorts due to the double amount of things firing at once and per revolution. This causes many octaves of the same note to be generated at once. When a frequency doubles, it hits the same note but one octave higher (e.g. 220Hz and 440Hz would both be the same musical note).

A v6, on the other hand, does not generate this type of harmonization. We have a split-crankpin design which causes all six of our cylinders to be fired at uneven intervals, generating a sound that is considered scientifically to be noise, due to the lack of any type of harmony or set rhythmatic order in the sound produced by the firing order.

The only way to make a V6 sound slightly similar to a V8 would be to change the crankshaft pin positions so that two cylinders can fire at once. This would produce a very rough running engine with an unmanagable amount of vibration and violent shaking.... BUT it would sound as close to a V8 as a V6 could sound, and it would cost you thousands of dollars and not yield an ounce of performance benefit.
                                \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X