:( Think I have an exhaust leak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( Think I have an exhaust leak.

I won't be able to get to the muffler shop anytime soon so I wanted to see what you guys think.

I noticed when I park and get out of my car there is an odd smell in the air. I looked under the car and there are whiffs of smoke coming out of the y pipe on the driver's side before the merge. There is also not so much of a ticking but a highish pitch noise almost like fingernails on blackboard but toned down and faster. First concern was because of the smell that I am loosing a ton of oil from the rear main and it's finding it's way onto the y-pipe.

But I'm not loosing any oil, the smoke is pretty constant if I just let it run and watch down below, and I don't see any drips falling down.

Please tell me it sounds like an exhaust leak/crack to you too. :) If so that means after a quick patch at the muffler shop in a couple weeks I then have a good reason to get a set of headers.

Re: :( Think I have an exhaust leak.

Oh, and a fyi. Previous owner apparently got in two fender benders, both on the passenger side front quarter. Awesome. But I figure maybe she stressed the ypipe and caused a minor crack.

Comment

Re: :( Think I have an exhaust leak.

Jack it up and get under there. Btw, jack stands save lives. Oh and get headers anyways :) You only need an excuse as to why you don't have them.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X