Leaking Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Intake Manifold

Need some advice on purchasing a new intake manifold. My 99 is apparently leaking and needs to be replaced. What options do I have as far as aftermarket high performance manifolds? If i am going to spend the money to relpace it might as well get a better one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Leaking Intake Manifold

Upper or lower leaking? 99.9% it's a gasket seal...these manifolds do not leak...just the mating areas...a competent shadetree home mechanic can replace all gaskets in an afternoon...check Haynes or the factory workshop manual for procedures..as to performance manifolds...the only ones that exist are stock ported such as the fine Abbott Racing upper and lower sets...however, to obtain more than 1-2 hp from them it is necessary to combine them with a set of heads and a cam and computer reprogram...manifolds by themselves do very, very little as hp comes from making the entire engine flow more air/fuel..just improving one area does little...rp

Comment

Originally posted by benwin82
      Need some advice on purchasing a new intake manifold. My 99 is apparently leaking and needs to be replaced. What options do I have as far as aftermarket high performance manifolds?
      None - they don't exist.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Look at this thread http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=86485

but I bet its a gasket....
        Originally posted by kala
        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

Thank you for your help. Sounds like someone was trying to rip me off. That is the most frustrating thing in the world. I'm glad this forum is here for some amazing help in these type of situations.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X