Ram Air on V6 Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Air on V6 Anyone?

So has anyone here had any expirience Ram Air hoods and air boxes on 93-97 V6? I just bought a WS6 hood and like the idea of Ram air. Any help you guys can provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Ben

Re: Ram Air on V6 Anyone?

Our TBs are angled, which creates conflict with the ram air kits out there. They're made for the newer cars with straight TBs.

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11

^works for 3.4s, but you'll need a piece of dryer-ducting and creative use of a sawzall to get it to work on a 3.8

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
        http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11

^works for 3.4s, but you'll need a piece of dryer-ducting and creative use of a sawzall to get it to work on a 3.8
        Cool. Thats should not be a problem. Will I run into any problems with the O2 sensor or can I just cut/drill a hole in the piping?

Comment

^you have an 02 sensor in your intake?

Comment

:bs: :P

Comment

don't do it Ben, invest in a SLP intake and leave the hood non-functional. The bends you are going to have in that thing is going to cause a ton of turbelance and slow the flow down. SLP intake is the way to go for 95-98 3.8 guys
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

^^^ totally disagree (the non functional part)... But if I give reasons you all will start arguing.

Comment

Reasons, please:P

Comment

I had it on the ole 3.4. There was no modification necessary to make it fit though.
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Making the hood "functional" won't do any good as far as the intake flows, because these cars for the most part are bottom breathers. But cutting out the air ports under the hood will help bring fresh air to the engine bay. This, combined with removing the weatherstripping behind the engine, will help vent under hood heat, thus lowering engine bay temps.

Now the only downside is some say you can fry your coil packs if it rains. I guess that makes sense, but I figure any water that gets near the engine will evaporate almost instantly.

In fact, NOT cutting out the hood ports will cause more drag because while your driving, incoming air will go into the front of the hood but have no where else to go. I know this for a fact. My girlfriend bought a fiberglass WS6 hood for her T/A and we had to cut it out. It looked to me like the hood would fly off if we didn't :)

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                        ^^^ totally disagree (the non functional part)... But if I give reasons you all will start arguing.
                        yea your reasoning had nothing to do with him doing the ram air intake on a angled tb. Thanks. :)
                        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                          Making the hood "functional" won't do any good as far as the intake flows
                          I know that. Thanks :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X