What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do?

I have a 3.8 with a tsp with high flow cat. I like how it sounds but I want change, so I figured now id go with something quieter but still sounds like a good. What can I do to quiet it down some without replacing the whole system? By the was the tsp has bullet muffler.

Re: What can I do?

Heh, you're gonna get nailed with people tellin you to look around for yourself.. which is what I'm gonna end up doing. You can find a lot of examples of tones and whatnots everywhere. Just look around. Btw, I heard a magnaflow setup on some vid someone has here that sounded great. Not horribley loud but not quiet ya know? That's my opinion after running a flowmaster with a gutted cat. I believe I'll be putting one on my second baby so eh. It's really a matter of opinion.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

my bro has the TSP rumbler with a bullet cat on his powerdyned 1999 firebird. Sounded great but was horrible while cruising.

We put a twister muffler on it as well to help quiet it down some more and it helped the annoying cruising drone.

Here is a clip of it
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=cV6igjpDtrA
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Thats sounds good! What exactly is a twist muffler and where can I get one? I am trying to get rid of the cruise sound because its too loud. Thanks

Comment

I will have to find out who makes the muffler, we got it through a supplier at our shop. It is the same type of muffler that the guys at the local shorttrack use for their race cars. Gets rid of cruising drone but still has a lot of flow to it. I just cannot remember the name of the company off the top of my head
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok as soon as you find out let me know. also where did you put in in at?

Comment

Sounds interesting, I too have the tsp system and cruising down the highway i want to shoot myself its so loud inside.
              98 Camaro-Powerdyne S/C, Bilstein, Mtx, Rk Sport, B&M, Jet chips, Texas Speed, G2, BMR, etc etc

Comment

Well if you want something different that you are not going to hear every day replace your muffler and put a Sweet thunder muffler in its place. LOSER did this and loves it and got me hooked on them so much that i put them on my TD's. It should be about the same loudness but will become more quiet as your break it in. I can’t even hear mine when cruising. Also if your want a different sound add some headers, it won’t get any louder but will get much deeper. A guy over on FTv6 is coming out with Long tubes for our 3.8s in a month or two. You could get them but they might be a little expansive or wait for all the people that are going to sell their pacesetters so they may obtain them the LT.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X