Flowmaster or Magnaflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flowmaster or Magnaflow?

Flowmasters don't flow as well as Magnaflow, they're not stainless like Magnaflow, and they sound worst IMO. Go with the Magnaflow and you'll love it. I personally went with a custom set-up (full, mandrel bent 3" piping, Pacesetters, no cat, and cherry bomb muffler), and everyone swears up and down that it's a V8. I put a sticker on my window just so they know it's not ("Just A 6" :D). I'll try and get a sound clip today. I have one of when I first put it on, and it sounds dead sexy. Now that it's broken in, I drool when I hear it :). BTW- there's a sticky with sound clips of everyone's exhaust. Listen to them all and then make up your mind.

Here's mine before it "broke in". It sounds alot better now:
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Who's the people screaming at the end of the video? Angry neighbors?:)

Lounge Moderator

Comment

If I could find a shop around here that does custom exhausts I'd probably go that route, cause I'd like to use the same SLP muffler that my Grand Am had. Sounded great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro
          Who's the people screaming at the end of the video? Angry neighbors?:)
          It was my neighbor's kids telling me to rev it again (I think). My grandpa claims he hears me crank it up every morning and he lives about 4 blocks away :P.

You could get a "custom" exhaust by just piecing one together. That's basically what I did. I bought a 3" cat-back piping kit (through my friend's shop, not too sure where else to get it), and then he made the rest of the pieces (S-pipe, small piece to take place of the cat, and the tailpipes), and then got a single 3" in, dual 2.5" out Cherry Bomb muffler (again through his shop). Cost me $350 for everything, and then he put it in for free. Any exhaust shop should be able to do that for you no problem. For the S-pipe, you could get a U-bend and have them half it and rotate one half around to make a S. The cat piece was just a straight piece of piping, nothing difficult about that (you may want to keep your car if you have emissions; or go with a high-flow). The only one's they'll actually have to work then would be the tailpipes, and if they do the muffler right, then a 90* bend about 2" out should be all the pipes need. Ask some of the shop owners if they'll do it for ya. Then, you can go with whatever muffler you want, and have a free-flowing system :D. Warning though, V6's like to rasp when they flow really good. Like I said, I'll get another clip of mine up today and let ya hear it :D
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Comment

Updated video: Camera's not the best for sound, but you get the idea.

~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Comment

:eek:

Lounge Moderator

Comment

On the basis alone that Magnaflow is all stainless steel and won't rust should be enough to sell you over the Flowmaster. Paying the extra money now will save you money later. I have the Magnaflow catback on my car (with a Magnaflow carsound hi-flow cat), and I like it a lot. Go Magnaflow, or go home. :banana:

Comment

Flowmaster is piss

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptore4
                    On the basis alone that Magnaflow is all stainless steel and won't rust should be enough to sell you over the Flowmaster. Paying the extra money now will save you money later. I have the Magnaflow catback on my car (with a Magnaflow carsound hi-flow cat), and I like it a lot. Go Magnaflow, or go home. :banana:
                    You know, now that you say that, I did have a Flowmaster on my Nissan and it fell off the truck one day while flying down the highway... almost hit the car behind me. All that was left was a rusty center tube that broke right out of the muffler. Now in FM's defense, this truck does have a 10 battery, 60 volt hydraulic suspension and hops around violently, beating the sh1tzu out of everything.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro
                      :eek:

Good or bad :eek: ?
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Flows aren't that bad on a V6. For an LS1/LT1 they don't flow very well though.

Comment

magnaflow or flowmaster have all most the same sound i have flowmaster and a buddy of mine has magnaflow your gust buying the name in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by 01fire
                            magnaflow or flowmaster have all most the same sound i have flowmaster and a buddy of mine has magnaflow your gust buying the name in my mind
                            Not really...
                            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                              Not really...
                              Not at all!

Comment

Yeah, I have to x3 that one.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X